The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Money, money, money

We've been car-booting today. I packed the car with as much junk as I could find lying around last night, then stupidly stayed up till midnight to watch the first two episodes of season 2 of Lost, then managed to heave myself out of bed bright and early at 5am!

By the time I'd sorted out clothes & food for everyone, packed the three kids into the car & worried about what vital thing we'd left behind, it was 6, but we still got a good spot on the field & unloaded loads of stuff onto a couple of tressle tables.

Aggie managed to sell a couple of computer games almost immediately - and for a decent price (last time we went to a car boot sale he sold our three best items within minutes for a £1-00 each!!!), and as time wqent on I managed to offload a high chair, push chair, a load of toys & a few clothes. All in all, we made a good £100 profit - even after p[aying for the pitch, some ice-creams and a few jugs for re-enactment:-)

Hopefully it will cover most of the cost of our weekend away next week.

Oh yes, we're off to Alton Towers - just me & Aggie, for our 7 year anniversary. No kids - it'll be the first time we've been away without them, and we've got ourselves a B&B in a four-poster in a beautiful 16th centurary farmhouse.

I'm already fantasising about sleep.....

It's been a fantastic day - the sun shone - I got a little bit sunburned (I'm definitely getting old *sigh*, I used to sit in the sun all day without even going a bit pink), the kids were nearly well behaved, and we came home with less than we started with.

Good news all round:-)

3 Comments:

  • At Sunday, May 07, 2006 4:05:00 pm, Blogger Aginoth said…

    You expect to sleep....our first dirty weekend in 6 years and you want to sleep???

    ummm... actually I see your point

    Mmmmmmm...Sleep good !!!

    LOL

     
  • At Monday, May 08, 2006 4:41:00 am, Blogger me said…

    well done at the car boot sale. :-)
    I went to one just up the road from me, in fact I go every week. The amount of stuff I have I really should do one myself..but no, I went as a shopper. Spent £7 in total, £4 on a long black smart jacket for me, £1 on 6 sleepsuits for DD#2 and the other £2 was on 8 other pieces of clothing, 4 for DD#1 and and £4 for DD#2 - all in great condition (obviously or I wouldn't have bought them.) Now, remind me what the one thing apart from books that I didn't need more of....umm yup kids clothes (except the sleepsuits - I did need them!)

    Thanks for looking at my photos, I do think I put the wrong one of DD#1 in the competition, I should have put the 1st one in..ah well.

    Hope you have a great time on your weekend away! Right now sleep sounds awfully good to me too...but then it is only 4.37am. LOL.

    Take Care

     
  • At Monday, May 08, 2006 10:18:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope you all spare a thought for Nanny A next weekend (CQ whats your mobby number!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home