The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Saturday, January 28, 2006

It's Party Time

It's LMD's first Birthday party today (her birthday is on Monday). Sister S (she of guest blog fame) and cousin G arrived yesterday to help celebrate the big day, and this afternoon I've rather stupidly invited millions of children to my house to have a party.

I thought I'd be clever & invite people that have siblings of similar ages to Mstr A & LMB, but when I was working out who was coming yesterday, I realised that means there are going to be LOADS of children. I've only invited four or five families, which semed ok at the time. They all have three kids. I have my three, plus cousin G. Damn, that's like 20 kids! And it's freezing - I can't throw them out in the garden like I do for Mstr A & LMB's birthdays!

I'm also completely not organised for this party (I'm only having one because Mstr A desperately wanted her to have one). The house is still a mess, I haven't got any food sorted out, I haven't even thought of games and stuff!

It's going to be a busy morning.

Still, sis & I had a lovely long chat last night (Aggie played Eve all night!), and treated ourselves to Chinese take-out - the first brought meal of the year, which tasted even better because it was a treat. Hopefully Nanny A will arrive nice and early & help tidy a bit:-) Especially since CQ refused the invite - some rubbish about being ski-ing;-)

UPDATE 7.30pm - well it's over! 11 children turned up all together, ranging from 9months to 6 years old. Complete chaos ensued for 2 hours:-) There were many tears, but always easily dried, all the kids ate plenty of rubbish food, lovely presents were recieved, the playhouse door was broken:-( A delightful child pooed on our stairs then happily walked it around most of the house before we noticed, causing me Aggie, Nanny A & Sister S to spend half an hour on our knees scrubbing the carpet! My head hurts. My throat is sore. The house is not as bad as I thought it might be, but certainly needs a bloody good tidy up again before my mother turns up tomorrow afternoon!

In future LMD's birthday parties will be held somewhere else:-)

8 Comments:

  • At Saturday, January 28, 2006 5:31:00 pm, Blogger JR said…

    I've done that birthday thing with too many kids. My motto is to hell with the weather, bundle up munchkins, there's a treasure hunt out back. I find sick pleasure in watching kids climb through snowdrifts to get the next clue I put up real high. Okay, so the kids were older than 1 yr., but you should start young, toughen the little buggers up. ;-)

     
  • At Saturday, January 28, 2006 6:23:00 pm, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    Oh Boy! You've got your hands full! And it being so cold...Brrrrr. I wouldn't want to send all those little ones out there, either! Good Luck my dear...Oh it's probably over by now...I keep forgeting the time difference...I Hope It Was FABULOUS!

     
  • At Sunday, January 29, 2006 7:03:00 am, Blogger Maggie Lamarre said…

    sound like the kids had fun.
    Via Michele
    Maggie

     
  • At Sunday, January 29, 2006 7:24:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what a darling spot you have here.
    did I say darling

     
  • At Sunday, January 29, 2006 8:49:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    how about nxt yrs at ur mothers!! that'll stop u having to visit for a while!!

     
  • At Sunday, January 29, 2006 4:15:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Birthday parties. You will smile remembering them (not next week, though!). Congrats on surviving this one.

     
  • At Monday, January 30, 2006 8:50:00 pm, Blogger Sadie Lou said…

    Good grief.
    I had a pumpkin carving day over at my house and that was the very last time I had that many small children in my home. It wouldn't have been so bad if the mothers were watching their children instead of carving the pumpkins. I thought it was going to be a joint effort with moms helping kids carve but it turned into a free for all. I was stuck with a disasterous house and a headache.
    In other words--I can relate!

     
  • At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 9:04:00 am, Blogger craziequeen said…

    To make up for my inexcusable absence, I have found a nice pressie for LMD here in ..... wherever I am......

    Missing you LOADS! :-(

    cq

     

Post a Comment

<< Home