The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Monday, December 12, 2005

The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul

I think I've hit that 3 month hiatus people kept telling me about (even though it's been nearly four months of blogging now), as I'm not sure what to write today.

We were all a bit panicked by Aggie's near Dooceing the other week, so work posts are a bit thin on the ground - it really wouldn't take much effort on my employers part to find my blog, or for anyone to work out who my employers are. Although I can't remember ever signing any "confidential" type documents when I started, and I've already sent a formal written complaint about the car thing, and a verbal one about their attitude to part time hours, perhaps some of my posts could be construed as bringing the company into disrepute:-)

My life is feeling very mundane at the moment. No great changes, or milestones happening, and after a while it gets boring to write: Didn't get enough sleep, looked after kids, didn't clean, cooked dinner, watched TV, went to bed, however many different ways I describe it.

Current affairs are usually a good standby, but this close to Christmas the news is either big stories, that don't really need my commentary, or uninteresting rubbish.

So I'm left with personal ramblings - although I haven't even inspired any vitriol from readers with my recent Utopian posts - and I was sure they would give me some good fodder for a rant against something!

My stats are well down for the last couple of weeks too, so i guess the blogosphere are finding my life dull right now as well. I supose I'll have to fall back on that old conversation piece - kids! Everyone knows thats why we have them - so we don't have to talk/think about anything else:-)

Tikibilla has just started on TV & LMD is standing, holding on to the table & bouncing along to the music in great delight. It's really quite a funny sight, just her big, nappy covered bottom swinging side to side as she gurgles along to the song.

7 Comments:

  • At Monday, December 12, 2005 12:52:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    Hi Mrs A - I have commented on your Utopian World part 2, as was mentioned on Saturday.
    I think I make my point well :-)

    cq

     
  • At Monday, December 12, 2005 3:11:00 pm, Blogger Paste said…

    I know exactly how you feel, I'm getting less enamoured with blogging as the days go by. Lets face it there's more to life than tapping into a computer making out that you are dear friends with people on the other side of the computer screen who you will never meet and who you'd probably hate if you did meet them. Sorry feeling a bit cynical today! But you are right about the security bit I know both your and Mr A's name and where he works and I've a fair idea where you do, and I found out by accident and e mail. Don't panic 'Mums the word'!!!!!

     
  • At Monday, December 12, 2005 5:18:00 pm, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    Gee, it's awful to feel you cannot just write about anything you ant without fear of reprisals from...well, just about anywhere, but especially repruccions at your job!!! I mean, BIG BROTHER, and all that...I still have a hard time understanding the concept that anyone can hack into (not that I know what this means, mind you.) your email or anything else you are doing on the internet...and then that you have to be fearful of God knows what!!! I don't like that aspect of the Internet at all....you should not have to worry about any of that....!

     
  • At Monday, December 12, 2005 5:56:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Well, I have to say I haven't made any real effort to "hide" my blog from work (and as I said, you wouldn't need to be a genius to work out who i work for). Most of what I've put on here has been said directly to them, and it's not as though I'm looking for long term commitment/promotion or anything:-)

    Aggie's case was slightly different, but it was just a bit of a bump into reality!

     
  • At Monday, December 12, 2005 6:15:00 pm, Blogger stc said…

    FWIW, my numbers are down a bit this week. Presumably people have other priorities as the holiday season gets closer.
    Q

     
  • At Thursday, December 15, 2005 9:17:00 pm, Blogger Urban Chick said…

    ok here is sth to blogulate* about:

    is sarah jane from tikkabilla having a thing with paul (who wears a wedding ring sometimes)?

    they are awf'lly flirty when they do the tikkabilla jive together...

    *smirks*

    * just invented this word - it means to speculate on your blog

    :)

     
  • At Thursday, December 15, 2005 9:40:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Aggie fancies Sarah-Jane! I would say she is just the eye candy to make parents sit through the programme, but she's one of the best presenters! Which one's Paul? I reckon she can do better than any of them (or Aggie *grin*)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home