The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Blog Awards

As you may know, I like to go nosing around the upper echelons of the ecosystem blogs every now & then, to impart my (mostly ignored) opinion to the Great & the Scary.

I'm amazed not only at how many of the top blogs are right wing americans, but that so many of the top UK blogs are basically pedelling the same stuff. Why, if you are based in the UK, would you want your blog to be wholly about US issues? Also, loads of them don't allow comments, which is just wierd in my world. Isn't that what a blog is about? Otherwise you are just writing an online magazine - without even a letters page!

Anyhoo, during my trawl earlier this week I found that Wizbang holds annual Weblog Awards (rather like blogging oscars), so I thought I should advertise them here & get some less scary blogs to put themselves forward:-)

I've submitted Mine and Aginoths for best New Blog, & Aginoths for best UK blog too. You can self-submit, so go on, give it a go. I'm not expecting to win (in fact I'd be pretty amazed to not come last), but hopefully a couple of people will come visiting & leave with some new ideas.

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, November 16, 2005 10:55:00 pm, Blogger Paste said…

    The US blogs are not all bad, this one is an example of the good side:-

    http://gracedavis.typepad.com/

     
  • At Thursday, November 17, 2005 6:48:00 am, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Simon - nominate them all:-) You only need to make a decision as to which one to vote for later:-)

    Dave - Thanks for the link, I'll go check it out. I didn't mean to imply all US blogs were bad, or even that all the higher beings were, just that there seems to be a disproportionate number of the scary ones at the top of the eco-system. I have found some really good ones during my trawls too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home