The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Shopping, Stress & supper

Another day Xmas shopping today - molstly because Mr A fancied a shopping trip into Bristol I think! A tad stressful getting all the kids ready & out this morning - Mstr A had a temper tantrum when told to stop playing computer games, LMB did her lie-down-&-go-limp protest when asked to get her coat on & LMD screamed her head off as soon as we put her in the car!

Then we drove down the A roads into Bristol, as the roadworks on the M5 are not worth the effort, and drove round the city centre for half an hou trying to find somewhere to park our monster truck as the outdoor car-park we had intended to use was a building site!

Once parked, LMB got to try out her new buggyboard, which wasn't a great sucess, but I'm sure she'll get used to it! Mstr A was seriously hyper & running around screaming like a maniac, & LMB soon copied him. The shops were pretty busy with Xmas shoppers, so we had some "looks" thrown our way. Thinking to calm them down with some food, we stopped into an Italian restuarant. Unfortunately LMB took this as a sign to start being two, and threw herself to the floor letting out loud high pitched screams. LMD is at the copying sounds stage, so she immediately followed suit. What fun! I wasn't embarrassed at all. Honestly.

We did manage to calm them down eventully, and they were better once fed, so we got a fair bit of xmas shopping done in the end. We then bribed them out of ELC with a trip to Nanny A's, and had a lovely afternoon relaxing at her house. She even cooked dinner for all of us. Thanks Nanny A:-)

Slightly less stressed, we bought all the little darlings home at bedtime, & sneaked them into their beds, so looking forward to a quiet evening on the computers:-)

16 Comments:

  • At Saturday, November 12, 2005 8:59:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You deserve a quiet evening. I am having one myself, Teenager is off with his friends, hubby watches the soccer game France vs Germany from his bed rest and I get to play wireless on his laptop in the meantime so that we can be together. That is togetherness after almost 22 years together.. :D Enjoy your evening. Here via Michele's this time.

     
  • At Saturday, November 12, 2005 8:59:00 pm, Blogger ribbiticus said…

    whew! what a full day you had! best be getting sleep before the cycle starts over again tomorrow - lol! enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    michele sent me, btw. :)

     
  • At Saturday, November 12, 2005 9:20:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Michele sent me again your way. I like your NeoCounter. Any ideas where the 10 unknown visitors come from? I'll add Southamerican visits to it when I am there in early december :D

     
  • At Saturday, November 12, 2005 9:27:00 pm, Blogger dena said…

    I so admire you people that have the conviction to attack the Christmas shopping early. Perhaps you could give lessons.

    visiting from michele's

     
  • At Saturday, November 12, 2005 9:36:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Mar - the "unknown" person (I think it's the same person coming back each time) is someone blogging from a mobile, so no idea who it is. I'd love to know tho, so if it you're out there, please tell me:-)

    Dena - We tend to start the run up to Xmas in September, as there is no thanksgiving in the way here, so the shops/resturants etc get on the bandwagon early & scare us all into spending our money! We're all still panic-buying on the 24th:-)

     
  • At Saturday, November 12, 2005 10:09:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    God bless Nanny A :-) she's a godsend....

    Been thinking about Christmas here - the children are sorted, I know what Boo, A Jnr, LMB and LMD are getting.......but the adults are more of a challenge :-)

    cq

     
  • At Saturday, November 12, 2005 10:15:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Little Aginothlings bought your pressie today - hope you like it:-)

    We haven't got you anything tho:-) I can't really get into Xmas until after my birthday.

     
  • At Saturday, November 12, 2005 10:34:00 pm, Blogger Olyal said…

    Sounds like a busy day! Did you get any shopping done in between handling wild children? I hope your evening stays quiet for you!
    Michele sent me.

     
  • At Saturday, November 12, 2005 11:08:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    Guess where I came from :-)

    And I finally know what I'm getting you for your birthday! :-D

    [chuckle]

    cq

     
  • At Sunday, November 13, 2005 7:12:00 am, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    Hi There Mrs. A...
    Here from Michele tonight, but I would have come anyway.
    What a day you had!!! It scary that people are Christmas shopping now...I know it is November 12th, I just can't seem to get my mind around it though...till I read that people were out Christmas shoppingand reality hits me in the face. (lol)

     
  • At Sunday, November 13, 2005 7:17:00 am, Blogger Le laquet said…

    My gosh how organised are you, you have children and you've still started your Christmas shopping *blushes guiltily* I've written 4 cards does that count?

    Here via Michele's today!

     
  • At Sunday, November 13, 2005 7:27:00 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Good lord, holiday shopping THIS early? It seems almost insane to start months early. And so stressful, too. That's what online shopping is for!

    came via Michele today.

     
  • At Sunday, November 13, 2005 8:16:00 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Sounds like fun...Michele sent me.

     
  • At Sunday, November 13, 2005 8:53:00 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Wow, that's some early shopping! I'll be doing mine the last week of November when I'm on vacation.

    From Michele's.

     
  • At Sunday, November 13, 2005 3:51:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Craziequeen, thanks for the vote of confidence it made me feel all warm inside. see you saturday. I had a very enjoyable afternoon with the Aginoth clan I still marvell at the fact they will all eat the same thing-evan LMD.tucked in to chicken Korma.

     
  • At Sunday, November 13, 2005 4:27:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    I absolutely refuse to cook individual meals. One size fits all or you go hungry in my world:-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home