The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Busy, Busy, Busy

Another busy day. Off to day two of the traing course first thing today. It's a shorter day, so no LM Dark, which is better, but also no sleep, which is worse:-)

Day two is tough. All the rest of the 1st aid course syllabus, plus tutors guidelines & assessment protocols, guidelines & practise. Then, after lunch I have to take e four part exam - three practicals & a theory paper. The practicals never get any easier, no matter how many times you do them. However, having begged & pleaded with all the other candidates that I be assessed first, I shoot through the practicals, with only a couple of minor mistakes & pass easily. The theory is no problem, I'm pretty certain I got 100% on that, so I grab my stuff & race out the door at 1.30pm.

1 hour drive door to door. Party starts at 3pm. No problem.

It's Saturday afternoon. In Devon. On the M5 heading North. All the schools in the country are back on Monday. Approximately 50% of Englands car population are also on the M5 heading North. It takes me 2 hours to get home. The party is in full swing, but it's only a few two year old girls, so they are sedately playing in the garden. What a difference from Mstr A's party a few weeks ago - 12 5 year old boys. And it rained, so they were in the house!

Anyway, the part went well. children played, parents chatted, food was eaten, no major upsets, everyone went home. All in all, you couldn't ask for a better birthday party.

Time to chat with my sister about how awful my mother is (they took all the kids to the beach this morning, and ended up having a row about how mother treats mstr A - she's not keen on boys & is downright rude to him most of the time, then she gets cross when he's rude back to her!). We all love her dearly, but she really p's us off too. Then bath the kids & wave bye bye to visitors. Kiddies in bed, & a quiet evening in for myself & Mr A. Luxury.

1 Comments:

  • At Sunday, September 04, 2005 8:23:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    ..and I made my excuses reasonably early, to give A and Mrs A some quiet time together :-)

    Lovely party, Mrs A - very nice little girls.

    Shame I was late because the other 50% of the vehicle population was heading south - all those West Country folks who escape from the visitors by heading to more inland regions were going home... :-)

    CQ

     

Post a Comment

<< Home