The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Saturday, August 27, 2005

A weekend lie-in - not!

Got up at 6.00am this morning! I try to aim for 7am as a suitable time for children to emerge from their bedrooms, but it doesn't work very well much of the time. Mstr A can tell the time now & is a good sleeper, so he is usually ok, unless woken up by one of the girls. However LM Blond is still setting her body clock by the sun, so summer mornings can start as early as 5am - I'm hoping she might learn to lie-in as winter comes round. LM Dark usually wakes in the early hours for a feed, but she's not good at time keeping, and feed time varies alot. If it's after 5am, she tends to stay awake, which wakes up LM Blond, which wakes up Mstr A......

I tried to convince them all to go back to sleep this morning,bjut after 30 mins of dragging LM Dark back from the edge of the bed, shushing LM Blond as she chatted, and avoiding Mstr A's sharp toenails as he kicked me in the back, I gave up & took them downstairs, thinking I'd be kind & give Mr A a lie-in. He better get some DIY done this weekend now - I can't remember the last time I had a lie-in. Mr A has ocasionally got up with kids on a weekend morning, but I still have to get up to feed the baby, then give her to him. Then wake him up again as he'll drop off to sleep irrelevent of chatting, kicking & crawling death-wishes. Then stay awake while he turns on the light, get dressed, and tells me how nice he is giving me a lie-in. Then, before I have a chance to get back to sleep I usually hear the odd arguament/shouting match that has escalated out of control. This will be followed up by one child or another coming in to complain to me about the behaviour of another. By the time I've sorted them out & sent them back downstairs, it's time to feed the baby again! Surprisingly my lie-ins tend to end fairly quickly.

Oh well, hopefully the girls will both learn to sleep this winter. I can remember that once upon a time I would wake up feeling refreshed after a nights sleep, but I can't truely remember what that felt like!

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home