The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Monday, January 29, 2007

Bitching

I don't want to spend my life bitching and whinging, but.......

Today I got up with the girls at 7am. Aggie stayed in bed till I had made breakfast and started yelling at Mstr A to get up. I fed all three of them, then got all three washed and dressed while Aggie "woke up" by sitting on the sofa. I packed their bags (and mine), supervised Mstr A while doing his homework & checked it for him, put on their shoes & coats. I took the girls to school, Aggie took Mstr A.

Then I went to work. Aggie stayed at home.

I worked all day - it's a short day today, so no lunch break. Aggie cooked himself a nice lunch, and watched a bit of TV.

I came home, after popping into the Dr's for a repeat prescription for LMD (really bad eczema poor thing). Aggie collected Mstr A, I collected the girls.

I cooked supper. I Filled and ran the dishwasher. I put some laundry on, and folded the dry stuff. I got the girls undressed and ready for bed. Aggie played on the computer with Mstr A.

I smothered LMD in her cream - after asking him to, and being told "just after this race" as she cried and scratched for 15 mins waiting for the race to finish! Aggie put them to bed because it's his turn & I insisted. I put Mstr A to bed.

I prepared tomorrows supper, put some more washing on, cleared the kitchen up a bit, put the rubbish out. Aggie watched Scrubs on the TV. The phone rang - i asked him to answer it, but as that involved getting off the sofa to pick it up, it went to answerphone.

I rang them back.

I read a chapter of my college course book, and revised some statutes. Aggie played on the laptop.

Now I'm going to have a bit of me time - and you know what? I bet he asks me to do something!

3 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 9:28:00 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Its a hard situation, your partner isn't able to work so you have to and there not really fit enough to do alot round the house so you have to... K is very very good though at doing what she can when she can and we labour save, got a dishwasher, going to do Tesco shopping on-line etc. try and reduce the task list as much as possible. Tell Aggie to contribute when he can and then you'll know when he's not it cos he cant and that's just the way of it...

     
  • At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 3:46:00 pm, Blogger Paste said…

    I think that you need to have a serious chat with hubbie rather than blog about it!

     
  • At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 6:08:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Aggie is perfectly able to do minor jobs round the house - as long there is no heavy lifting - he just doesn't sometimes;-)

    We do labour-save a lot. Dishwasher, washing m/c & tumble dryer, online shopping as much as possible, but with three youg kids & flaky hubby, laundry takes up an inordinate amount of time & effort, as does general housework:-(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home