The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Education, education, education

If my kids attended this school I would withdraw them immediately. Not only do I not wish them to learn how to kill others, I'm not keen on them attending a school where others are taught to do so!

I can't believe the DfES are apparently happy that developing children are being rountinely beaten in school, under the teachers supervision! Because that it what boxing is - regular beatings, aimed specifically at the head. It is an established medical fact that blows to the head can cause brain damage. Children's brains & skull's are still developing & so are more prone to damage.

I was hit by a boxer once as a child. He was the same age as me. I was knocked out cold. That is NOT something to teach children to do!

Boxing is criminally wrong imo. I know it's a "way out" of some of the nastiest parts of the UK. So is drug crime. It doesn't make it desirable. I would support a ban on the whole "sport" as is currently exists. I am shocked and very concerned that it is being re-introduced to schools.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At Thursday, February 01, 2007 7:17:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The DfES were happy enough for paedophiles to give swimming lessons. The mainstreaming aspects feature female bouts. The girl on girl action has nicely substituted for the wet t-shirt contests the DfES were recommending as a substitute for RE.

     
  • At Thursday, February 01, 2007 7:59:00 am, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Hi anon. I wouldn't say they were "happy" for paedophiles to give swimming lessons. What with bringing in CRB checks (pretty useless know, but a start), written policy documents on child saftey in every school, pool & facility, MUCH stricter laws on paedophillia, extending the sex offenders register & longr sentances. Nor have I heard anywhere of wet t-shirt competitions being substitutd for RE lessons, or even sugested in any state school in the country. Do try to b a bit sensible! In fact, RE is one of the compulsory subjects tht every school MUST teach!

    Still, your point about mainstreaming female boxing matches is true. I was disgusted the first time I saw it aired on TV, and even more when they started doing news reports. I was hoping the msm would start sidelining male boxing, not mainstreaming female! But to allow children to take part in full contact assault is beyond belief!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home