The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Saturday, December 02, 2006

I remember that!

I went out last night. Just me - for a meal & a disco with some girls from work. It's a long, long time since I've been out having fun, as me! I'd forgotton hat fun it is:-)

I put all the kids to bed, then left Aggie in charge as i tottered down into town in silly shoes. I'm old now though, so i did wear a coat - unlike many of the other girlies I saw wandering around in boob-tubes and mini-skirts!

There were 10 of us - all girls - in a little private function room near the sea front. The food was good & plentiful, the alcohol was pub prices - which is much better than hotel prices! and the disco was badly DJ'd but OK music. I got to wear a little black dress:-)

It all finished about midnight. I had a lovely stroll home along the sea front - the tide was right in and it looked very serene as I passed Marine Lake & Knightstone Island. I soon took the silly shoes off though - walking home barefoot in the rain wasn't nearly as cold as they were uncomfortable:-)

By the time I got home it was 1am. Much to my surprise Aggie was still up - on the computer! So of course when LMB woke up at 6am, muggins here was the one to get up with her, while Aggie had another few hours sleep! Typical!

1 Comments:

  • At Saturday, December 02, 2006 1:48:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    What a wonderful night out.... and long overdue, honey!

    Would I be right in assuming Aginoth was still up to 'make sure you got home ok'....?
    No excuse for him not getting up for LMB, though.....

    [gives Aginoth The Look]

    cq

     

Post a Comment

<< Home