The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I want it all

It's my last day at home today. back to work tomorrow, even though the cough hasn't really improved at all:-( I reckon that since neither the anti-biotics, nor th extra sleep have solved the problem, it is obviously unsolveable and just one of those things I'm going to have to put up with. As I STILL don't have a written job offer for now, and only a very vague discussion regarding a permenant post in the the new year, I need to get bak to work & make them think I am indispensile:-)

I went back to the Dr's today to let him know the anti-biotics didn't work. My x-ray results weren't back yet, but he said that probably ment they were fine as if there had been a problem they would have got them back quicker. As I expected the to be clear anyway, I'm not too worried. He asked if I had any other symptoms, but I can't really think of any - it's just a cough. And wheezing if it gets particularly bad, so he's decided to try an inhaler for a week & see if that helps. Oh goody, another £6.00 spent by me, and I don't know how much by the NHS, just "to see" if it helps. I'm a bit torn as to the benifit of this. I do believe that part of the problem with the NHS is that people want to feel "perfect" all the time, and if they don't they want drugs, and Dr's like to feel they can fix everything, and if they can't they should give the patient drugs just to show they are trying. But then again, I don't think I should have an unresponsive cough. I'm still young, I'm reasonably fit, I don't smoke, I don't live in a particularly polluted area etc. A cough should be a fleeting annoyance to me, not an ongoing condition!

Anyway, it has been nice having the week at home with Aggie. We haven't got much done being the sickies that we are, but it's been a long time since we've had time together, just the two of us. Time to talk, discuss current events, listen to the radio and just remember what life should be like.

I like going to work, and enjoy what I do. I certainly like it better than being a stay at home mum. But I miss having time at home too. It's been nice to do things when I want to, to spend some time with my family, to cook proper meals again, and to have time to think about my life.

I guess I just want it all:-)

1 Comments:

  • At Thursday, November 30, 2006 3:52:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You've never struck me as 'a want it all' type at all. Hope your cough gets better soon and glad you've had the upside of a bit of quality time with your man.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home