The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Too tired to blog

It's been a busy couple of days. i started at the Weston office yesterday. There are officially three conveyancers based there, plus another part time one. They are supported by one legal sec, one trainee legal sec & one typist. That's got to be tough at the best of times! The legal sec is leaving today. I am expected to take her place, so i have had to try to learn absolutey everything about conveyancing, the conveyancers, the office procedures, the computer system, and the current clients in two days! All the while of course, I have to actually do the secretarial work as it comes in, as they are behind!

I've done my best - which is all I can do. and certainly all I intend to do! For £12k a year, they can hardly expect any more imho. I am sure we will be able to stumble through when I get back from my hols:-) The day's are long, and both menatlly & physically hard (there is an awful lot of running up and own stairs to other offices). It's a long time since I've had to put in a full days work every day. Actually, come to think of it, I'm not sure I ever have;-)

I still don't have a job to come back to though! No agreement has been reached yet, they haven't officially offered me the job, and I have no contract! Of course, I know they are pretty screwed if I don't accept now, but.......

Oh well, I'm going to forget about it all for a while, as I'm off now. Tomorrow we ae going off to a medieval market to look at pretty medieval things with CQ. She might get to buy some, but we don't actually have any money! Which is a shame, because there are a few things we need/want. Then on Saturday it's off to Cornwall for the crazie annual holiday. Hurrah!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home