The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Thieving Gits!

Some evil bastard nicked Aggies bike a few days ago. We're not sure exactly when as it was put away in the back garden, and he doesn't use it that often, but I definitely saw it there a few days ago.!

so yesterday morning he phoned the police & reported it stolen, ready to put in an insurancce claim. This morning the evil little buggers came back while he was out & nicked my bike & the trailer! He was only out for half an hour so they must've been watching & waiting! as I really need the bike to get Mstr A to school, and more imprtantly to out of school care next week (which is too far & too busy for him to do himself), we're a bit screwed!

When Aggie phoned the police back this morning they said "oh yes, it's quite common for them to come back up to six times". Well why not mention that the first time then, rather than waiting for more stuff to go missing! Or, even better, send a copper round to keep an eye on the area!

There was a bit of an argument with the insurance company cos we couldn't find the original reciept for my bike, but they have now agreed to cough up new bikes & a trailer (and helmets, and a lock etc) for us. But I've no idea how long it will take, and I'm a bit concerned about Monday. I think Aggie will be on very short days (if he's back at work!).

still, at least I get a new bike:-) The old one was pretty old! I've posted a wanted ad on freecycle to see me through the interim - hopefully someone should oblige.

In other news, I had my interview today. It was with the legal exec who has been asked to be my mentor, which is fair enough. except that a) she hasn't done any conveyancing, or even been a practising legal exec for over two years, since she went on maternity leave, then when she came back, she's been setting up the new computer system. b) she's part time and I'm full time. c)she wasn't authorised to actually make any decisions, so when I stated my minimum price, and wish to do some work outside of conveyancing, she couldn't give me an answer. So i still don't know if I've got a job on Monday!

although, solicitor at the office i'm at now did suggest that if I could persuade them to let me stay there, he would make a me a fee-earner within 6 months:-) (what he means is, can i stay and do all is work for him please, cos I'm happy to do so). I can't see them going for it though! Still, it was nice of him to say he appreciated the work i've been doing.

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, October 17, 2006 9:02:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    Blimey - just one thing after another at the moment, isn't it??

    [sends hugs]

    cq

     
  • At Tuesday, October 17, 2006 9:09:00 pm, Blogger Fizzy said…

    That is terrible. I live in an area where people just assume that if you leave something outside to go inseode for 5 mins it is free to be taken. I am so sorry that you are having such a tough time. I hope that you do get Monday sorted out for you, and that you still have a job
    xx Fizz xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home