The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Wish me luck

It's my Law exam this afternoon.

It's multiple choice (but deliberately written to deceive - bastards!), and just a straight pass/fail. I need 16 out of 40 to pass and have got 31, 32, 34 on my mocks, so I'm not too worried, but still - this is the real thing!

The butterflies are just settling into my tummy now:-)

UPDATE: Been there, done that. Fairly certain I passed:-) I had to argue with the invigilator to be let out before the full hour (it took me 7.5 mins to complete the exam - including reading through. After another 20 minutes I'd had enoughof looking at the bare walls!).

Now if I can just finish the last six essay's, and tidy up the two that are almost done, i'll be all ready to start next years course:-)

7 Comments:

  • At Thursday, May 04, 2006 1:37:00 pm, Blogger Paste said…

    Piece of cake for a 13th century soap maker!

     
  • At Thursday, May 04, 2006 3:21:00 pm, Blogger Hannah1981 said…

    Good luck!

     
  • At Thursday, May 04, 2006 9:36:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    I have absolutely no doubt you have passed.....

    'cos you is clever!

    :-)

    cq

     
  • At Friday, May 05, 2006 1:30:00 pm, Blogger JR said…

    Congrats on surviving the exam. Having been through many law exams and a bar exam, I know the stress level that comes with it. But it sounds like you were in a good position to pass judging from your practice scores. What type of law are you studying or what type of degree do you hope to end up with?

     
  • At Friday, May 05, 2006 1:47:00 pm, Blogger Paste said…

    So it was well tricky then!

     
  • At Friday, May 05, 2006 2:27:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    thanks for the good wishes.

    Dave - It was harder than the mocks!

    VV - its pretend law:-) I'll theoretically be a paralegal at the end of the year, but a UK PL isn't the same as a US one - it's just someone who has done some training in law! It's basicaly a rvision course as i took Law A level, but an awful lot has changed in 15 years - especially sinc in that time we fully joined the EU & got billions of new European laws:-) Although my last assignment was all about the laws enshrined within the Magna carta - 1265!

    If I follow it through, I need to do the diploma next year, then the vocational exam, 2 years work experience, and I'll be a legal executive, then another couple of years & I can become a solicitor.

    Not sure how far I'll go atm. It's mostly for fun!?

     
  • At Friday, May 05, 2006 7:03:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Thanks DeBB - the speed was more to do with my speed reading ability & experience in taking multiple choice exams than anything else. I mean once you've understood the question you either know which answer is right or not right. There's no point staring at it for 10 minutes, the answers won't change & nor will your knowledge!

    I spent all morning learning my main cases & latin phrases though - and they didn't ask me a single one! bastards!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home