The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Saturday, March 25, 2006

WOW!

We've just been to see V for Vendetta.

WOW!

The Wachowski Brothers: All is forgiven for the Matrix sequels.

I was never much a=of a fan of comics/graphic novels, but this is one that I did reead (and buy) in my youth. I never believed it would get made - especially now. Or that it would be released. Or that it would manage to be so hard hitting.

Fantastic.

A full review tomorrow, when I've had time to assimilate it a bit.

For tonight, a couple of questions:

1. When it happens, how will you react? Will you stand & fight? run & hide? Look away & pretend?

I don't know & I hope I never have to find out. I worry. But I do know that what I would like to think I would do has changed over the years.

2. Does the release of the film show that we are not as far down the road as it sometimes seems?

3. Is it being released in the US?

If you haven't seen this film. GO NOW!

6 Comments:

  • At Sunday, March 26, 2006 11:07:00 am, Blogger craziequeen said…

    so.....what do you think in the cold light of day?? :-)

    Aginoth loved it, cyberkitten thought it fantastic....

    [chuckle] I am so glad it came over as a 'WOW' film :-)

    cq

     
  • At Sunday, March 26, 2006 6:32:00 pm, Blogger CyberKitten said…

    Now that I've seen it again.... I actually liked it more the 2nd time. Probably the most subversive and thought provoking film I've seen in ages. After 'Good night & Good luck' and 'Syriana' I think Warner Brothers should be up for some kind of award.

    I am SO happy that films such as these can still be made in times like these - an in America of all places [grin]. Maybe there is hope after all...

     
  • At Monday, March 27, 2006 7:02:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL @ "...All is forgiven for the Matrix sequels..."

    Thanks for the heads up on this movie. My husband and I were wondering, (after watching Aeon Flux), is V would be any good. On your recommendation; we'll definitely go and see it now. :)

     
  • At Monday, March 27, 2006 9:13:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    I'd love to see it again.



    SPOILER ALERT






    Main disappointments were in the apparent inability to find English actors to play English roles. I mean, Natalie was good and everything, and her accent was perfectly correct throughout (which did not make it believable all the time!), but it seems a shame they could not have cast a brit!

    I'm not too sure about the need for the Stephen fry character. I get he was comic relief (apart from being brutally murdered and all that), but the equivilent character in the novel was far more dark & sinister. Still, it worked ok.

    The only real jarring moment came at the end. It's a LEE-VER in English! No self respecting Englishman, let alone a Northerner would ever say le-ver!

    grrrrrr! It quite spoiled the moment.

     
  • At Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:09:00 pm, Blogger WendyWings said…

    Why wasn't Keira Knightly playing Natalies role ?
    Maybe she refused to shave her head lol.

     
  • At Thursday, March 30, 2006 4:27:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Mrs. A!

    My hubby and I went to see V on Monday (after reading your blog post, actually). We were quite impressed. I loved the 'V' wordplay in the very beginning. I kept thinking ... "Is he ever going to run out of words that begin with the letter 'V'?"

    I think the gore effect was a bit more than needed in some of the scenes, though. You know, not that I'm squeamish ... I just felt it unecessary; and a bit Tarantino-ish.

    Good movie. I'll purchase the DVD when it comes out. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home