The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Saturday, March 18, 2006

A little bit of politics

I see those awful French islamofascists are off rioting again. It's us or them I tell you, we should just shoot the lot of them. they're all terrorists in training........

Oh

What?

hang on.....

They aren't Muslims? Or terrorists? Or fascists?

But there is no other reason for them to be violent protests is there?

5 Comments:

  • At Sunday, March 19, 2006 2:16:00 pm, Blogger Karen said…

    I can't keep up with all of the protests and violence and hatred. Can't we all just get along? No, I guess not. There I go being naive again.

    Good morning and greetings from Wisconsin! Michele sent me!

     
  • At Monday, March 20, 2006 6:10:00 pm, Blogger stc said…

    The link isn't working for me, so I couldn't read the story. I suppose it's about the youths protesting changes to employment law?

    Obviously people other than Muslims do stoop to violence sometimes. But you have to admit, radical Muslims commit a disproportionate share of global violence.

     
  • At Monday, March 20, 2006 8:47:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Do you think? Or maybe they just get disproportionate media coverage?

    I don't know, but recently we've seen violent Sikh protests in Birmingham and violent "anarchist" protests in Edingburgh in the UK. And violent winemaker protests in france, or violent Chinese protests in China, but they haven't recieved the same sort of media coverage, or blogging vitriol!

     
  • At Monday, March 20, 2006 9:30:00 pm, Blogger CyberKitten said…

    Mrs A said: Do you think? Or maybe they just get disproportionate media coverage?

    ...and it is great having a fairly easily recognisable 'enemy' don't you think.

     
  • At Tuesday, March 21, 2006 2:08:00 pm, Blogger stc said…

    Talk to me when winemakers resort to violence in the USA, England, Spain, Indonesia, Denmark, the Netherlands, Israel, Afghanistan, Iraq, India, Russia … I'm sure I've missed some, since I'm making this list off the top of my head.

    Perhaps Muslims aren't being singled out by the media. Perhaps there is a global pattern of violence that we don't see with the other groups you've mentioned.

    It's naive to take everything the media says at face value — I know that. It's also naive not to acknowledge the facts when they're staring you in the face.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home