The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Monday, January 09, 2006

Tagged Again!

Another week, another meme:-)

I was tagged by Dave for this one, so here goes...

Four jobs you’ve had in your life:
Retail Cashier/supervisor - from way too young to work legally, through school, college & some of uni.
Sports Coach - at first voluntary, I then discovered I could get paid for it - and paid well. A much more lucrative job throughout uni and beyond
Leisure Centre Manager - My career. Big & small, public, private, trust & contract, I've done 'em all:-)
Sports Development Assistant/Officer/Director - been at all ends of the spectrum of this job, and seen the good & the bad

Of course that's only counting the jobs I've been paid for. I could include; daughter, mother, wife, carer, chicken farmer, kitchen assistant, and general dogsbody in.


Four movies you could [and do] watch over and over:
I've sure I've answered this one on another meme? Do I watch any fims over & over out of personal choice? I'm not sure. Let me think, how about:
The Blues Brothers
The Princess Bride

Labyrinth {I know, but David Bowie makes up for it all;-)}
Fifth Element (it was panned, but I like it)

Four places you’ve lived:
For how long? Lets go with more than 3 months or so shall we?
NE London - age 3-18 years. Oh what fun. I left the afternoon of my last exam.
Israel - I spent 3 months on a Kibbutz, and a further three working here and there.
Southampton - My uni years
Scotland - 5 months in a little town between Perth & Inverness, 4 months overlooking Loch Lomond.

Four fiction books you can’t live without(well your favourites anyway):
Yeah right, I can name just four! Here's some that I re-read over & over:
The Discworld novels by Terry Pratchett
The Deverry Series by Katherine Kerr
The first three of the Magician series & Empire series by Raymond Feist & Janny Wurts
The Caterbury Tales by Chaucer


Four non-fiction books you consider essential:
Not much of a non fiction person really, but let me see:
My cookbook
Bill Bryson
Encyclopeadia Britannica

Up to date First Aid Manual

Four TV shows you love to watch:
Lost
QI
Stargate (and Atlantis)
BBC News

Four places you’ve been on vacation:
Sri-Lanka
Mexico (not Cancun, but on the Mayan Peninsula)
The USSR (back when it was still the Soviet Union - just)
Eire

Does bumming around with a backpack & a thumb count? If so, most of England, Wales, Scotland, Eire, and bits of France, Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, Belgium, Israel, The Sinai, Italy.


Four websites you visit daily:
BBC News
Aggies blog
My work homepage (not linked, cos that would be stoopid!)
Most of my blogroll


Four of your favorite foods:
Chocolate in any form
Lasagne
Beef Medallions & Potato Dauphinoise from Flute De Paris, my fave restaurant
Pasta

Four places you’d rather be:
On Holiday, anywhere
Mexico
China
(never been, would love to go)
Visting all my blogfriends

Four albums you can’t live without:
No, sorry can't do this one. It's not that I don't like music, but have no real personal interest or knowledge. I listen to whatever is on.

2 Comments:

  • At Monday, January 09, 2006 5:17:00 pm, Blogger Paste said…

    Well done, you and me both on the music front.
    I think that may well be my last meme, I think they may have had their day, what do you think?

     
  • At Tuesday, January 10, 2006 9:31:00 pm, Blogger mommyguilt said…

    Bill Bryson and The Princess Bride - two of my favorites! I only recently read my first Bryson, "Walk in the Woods," and I loved it so much that I'm constantly on the look out at book sales, etc for the others- for I want to own them, not simply borrow them from the library.

    Princess Bride - well, what can I say? My entire family can quote that movie. What's really funny is that's how I knew that PC was for real and that I could marry him.....The first time we invited him over to Family Movie Night, we decided to watch that. He walked in a bit late, but started rattling the lines off with us. Yep. A keeper!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home