The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Bleugh

Gah, i feel yukky today. It's just a cold, but my head hurts, my throat's sore, my nose is blocked &I'm exhausted before the day has even started! It's not a good week to feel like this with two interviews looming. I didn't get any presentations even started yesterday - I just curled up & went to sleep as soon as the kids were in bed, so I'm going to have to do them both today.

Oh well, there's nothing like pressure to focus the mind. Of course there's no substitute for research, preparation & practise, but I don't do any of that in my real life anyway, so at least they'll get the "real" me at interview!

I managed to get Mstr A off to school ok this morning, with everything - books, PE kit, dinner money, homework, so hopefully I'll find the time to get one presentation finished and one at least started. Although to be honest, Mstr A is an angel when totally left to his own devices, it's only when I need him to do something specific he can be difficult. yesterday he played beautifully on his Nintendo, with LMB & LMD (at different times), got himself dressed on time, ate his dinner when told to, etc etc.

Here's hoping (but not expecting) many more days just like that.

Right, off to work now. I'll check back in aat break time:-)

UPDATE: half way there now. I've finished one - I even found some quotes to go in it, so it looks researched:-) No pictures yet though. I might fiddle with it later, but it's not really that kind of presentation. Just starting the second one now. This is much more work, and does really need pictures & diagrams and such like. Oh well, it's the job I'd really like, so I'd best crack on. I've got an hour till school pick up time.....

UPDATE 2: Collected Mstr A from school now, and haven't really got much further. Three slides written, but not really done! Oh well, I'm going to take a break now & go check out everyones blogs.. I'll do some more inbetween kids bedtime & Stargate (yeah right). And I've always got tomorrow morning. There's nothing like leaving things till the VERY last minute.

5 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, November 01, 2005 9:43:00 am, Blogger Aginoth said…

    And I have your cold too, so nice of you to share dear :op

    Mind you makes a change for me to get the lurgy off you instead of the other way round.

     
  • At Tuesday, November 01, 2005 2:54:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    ugh - not coming near your house :-S

    :-)

    Better for Saturday, guys :-)

    cq

     
  • At Tuesday, November 01, 2005 8:46:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    You're right, he's definitely turned a corner. I'm not sure if we're managing better, the coherent plan with the school is making the difference, or he has really changed yet, but it's certainly been better recently.

    He made it right through play-time at school today without getting into trouble too! (although his teacher did work spectacularly hard at arranging that)

     
  • At Tuesday, November 01, 2005 9:51:00 pm, Blogger mommyguilt said…

    Way to go Mstr A! Mom - feel better. One of our blog moms, Marti, told me to try chicken broth heated all day with cloves of garlic. Worked like a charm! Her link is on my blog at STanding Still for Once. I think it's www.lightblog.com/member/still

     
  • At Wednesday, November 02, 2005 7:36:00 am, Blogger Aginoth said…

    Deadlines: as the Late Douglas Adams used to say

    I like deadlines, I especially like the whoshing sound they make as they pass by

     

Post a Comment

<< Home