The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Halloween Mayhem

Well, today went pretty much as expected to be honest. Mstr A woke up & was sick (very loudly) in the middle off the night, so everyone lost any benefit of the clocks going back! I went off to work in the morning & tried out Mr A's new toy - a sat-nav system. It worked really well actually, although it was a bit eerie that it knew where I was all the time:-)

Mr A was left with tired children at my mothers. she ably demonstrated her inability to tolerate my children once again & compounded the problem by offering them still frozen shepherds pie to eat for lunch, so Mstr A was hungry & tired, as well as his normal difficult self. I had thought that we'd had a bit of a breakthrough when I was there last weekend (after the previous visit where we had a screaming row),but apparently that's only true if I'm watching her! it doesn't apply to Mr A.

By the time I returned after work Mstr A was in tears & refusing to talk to anyone or do anything. A swift mollycoddling later, he agreed to come to the Halloween Party with us, so we all trecked off to my sisters. She'd done a great job of decorating the house, and with six 2-year-olds, 3 babies and Mstr A (there other two older ones couldn't come unfortunately), a good time was had by all. except when my mum pilfered half the food before the kids had a chance to eat anything, at which point I thought my sister mught shoot her, but we got over it.

Then it was a matter of bundling all the kids back into the car, against their will, & heading home. Just made it back & re-settled LMB. It's good to be back. No more trips now till Xmas time (hopefully), which is good as I had to use my mothers dial-up last night - I thought the page would never load! Yay for broadband.

UPDATE: Mr A has now posted his version of events for those of you who are interested. Obviously, as he was actually there (whereas I sneaked off to work) it's in a bit more detail.

6 Comments:

  • At Monday, October 31, 2005 7:15:00 am, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    My mum always said she didn't want grandchildren. When I told her I was pregnant the first time, she was silent for a few minutes, then asked what I was going to do about it! Still, when I told her I was pregnant for the third time she stated "well, you're not going to keep it then, obviously"!

    What particularly annoys me is the disparity in her treatment of Mstr A (a boy) & LMB & Cousin (Girls). There really ought to be a word for the equivelent of Mysogeny, cos she has it bad.

    The flag thing is free (you can pay for add on's) just click on the NeoCOUNTER link at the bottom.

     
  • At Monday, October 31, 2005 7:40:00 am, Blogger craziequeen said…

    Oh dear - Mother just doesn't change does she?

    Shame the trip was such a disaster, mainly due to her it would appear, but it sounds like the kids had a good time at the party!

    One more trip - Saturday night?

    :-)

    cq

     
  • At Monday, October 31, 2005 8:29:00 am, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    No more trips to London.

    Short hops to CK for fireworks doesn't count as a trip - it's a visit;-)

     
  • At Monday, October 31, 2005 1:42:00 pm, Blogger Aginoth said…

    Had abit of rant about the "fun" this weekend on my blog

    Aginoth's Blog

     
  • At Monday, October 31, 2005 2:12:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    now if that's not pimping your blog, what is?

    I've already put a link to you in the main post!

     
  • At Monday, October 31, 2005 2:35:00 pm, Blogger Aginoth said…

    I'm a link-whore and freely admit it..

    C'mon everybody link to me ...muhahahahahahahaha

    {looks for dried frog pills}

     

Post a Comment

<< Home