The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Monday, October 10, 2005

Smiley faces all round

Well, in contrition for being such little ***** yesterday, all three kids have been absolute darlings (so far) today.

First off, LMD slept through the night. Right through. She didn't wake for her 11pm or her 4am feeds. Yippee! Of course, it would have been even better had LMB not got up at 11pm & 3am, and if I had gone back to sleep at 3am, rather than just dozing & waiting for her to want food, but yippee all the same. Now we'll have to see if she can repeat the feat:-)

Even better, no-one got up till 7am. I had bought LMD in to bed with me at 6am when she did finally wake for food, then at 7am, both the other two came in, quietly said "good morning mummy" and gave me an enormous hug. Then, totally out of character, all three of them played quietly, happily & safely for 1/2 hour while I stayed in bed!

They ate breakfast without pushing or complaining, Mstr A got dressed with only a little prompting, LMB wore what she was told to without complaining - even the jumper! Mstr A did all his homework without wandering off, & we all trundled to school without any screams, tantrums or refusals to walk!

Since then, the girls have pretty much entertained themselves, playing, watching TV, making a mess, but being good, quiet & safe, and letting me do ALL the work I've been trying to do for weeks. I feel so relieved to have it finished:-)

We're off to the Grand Opening (with a minor Royal no less) of our new leisure centre now. I'm running a taster pre-school gymnastics session for 2 1/2 hours, so the girls can join in, get exhausted & hopefully go to bed without complaint too.

Plus, on top of all that, Mr A reckons he should be out tomorrow!

The day just gets better & better

2 Comments:

  • At Monday, October 10, 2005 8:35:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It always makes me nervous when my two are well-behaved. It makes me think that they are taking some down time in order to plot something truly hideous.

    And three of them - wow, I'm in awe...

     
  • At Monday, October 10, 2005 9:23:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    Whenever my kids were angelic, I would look to see where they had hidden the original dirty, scruffy, noisy bunch.....

    :-)

    And good luck for Mr A's return!

    CQ

     

Post a Comment

<< Home