The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

All bosses are idiots!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. All bosses are idiots. Now I know this is a generalisation, and I have in my time been a boss (although I am quite sure my employees considered me an idiot on occasions), but it is still true.

My particular bosses are not only idiots, but idiotic in many ways too. I've been employed by them for just over 18 months, and during that time I have had a number of disagreements with them over employee relations, staff loyalty and mutual respect, and reasonably often, employment law, and how they are breaking it. However, none of it seems to make the slightest impact.

I'm still debating whether it's worth actually taking them to an industrial tribunal regarding the fact that they won't provide me a car, despite providing one for all FT employees.

We have previoiusly had arguaments regarding my right to breast-feed my babies, and to bring (at bmy own expence) baby & baby-sitter with me when they decided to include two day meetings as part of my role. I officialy won this one, getting permission in writing, so now I just get snide comments!

Their latest attempt at pissing me off was to send back my expence claim for last month with the assertion that I can not claim for "family meals", by which they mean any meal where I did not eat on my own. Now I have never claimed for more than my meal (indeed, often for less as I can only claim £5 for lunch & £7.50 for supper), but I do not see what business it is of theirs whether I chose to eat alone, with friends/family, with clients, or with some bloke I picked up off the street!

As my job basically involves driving 100's miles, chatting to people & driving back 100's miles, my expence claims are often higher than my wages. They are currently three months behind in paying me. Do they really think I'm just going to turn round and say "oh, ok then, don't worry about paying half of it"? I don't fink so!

I've sent them a very curt letter saying "pay me now", plus another one accusing them of harrassment due to my family situation. The thing that really annoys me is that I was absolutely honest in my interview, explaining that I was taking a PT job, well below my level of ability because I had young children, and that I was still feeding (LMB) at the time they offered me the job.

Idiots!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home