The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Up and down

It's been a roller-coaster few weeks. Aggie has been getting really stressed out about the retirement thing, and with some psoriasis re-appearing and the arthritus getting worse, he has been well into depression for the last few weeks. This has a knock on effect on the rest of the family as he gets angry quickly, and I have to take on all aspects of looking after the children as he can not cope with them even for five minutes. Coupled with his lack of motivation for every day chores, and i nsomnia which obviously affects me too, it's been a tough time recently. I told him to go to the doc's a couple of weeks ago, but in normal depressive way, he didn't get round to it! I finally went with him on Friday, when our GP doubled his prozac dose & signed him off work for a month, so hopefully thigs will start to improve soon.

I tried to cheer myself up with some nice bright colours in my hair the other day, but because my hair is so dark, it didn't take well:-( So I'm going to have to go back in a couple of weeks to have it bleached, then coloured, for a lot more time and a lot more money:-(

On the plus side, work is still going well, and there was no problem when I asked (without notice) for an hour off to take Aggie to the Dr's:-) Also, although we have nowhere near the clothes I had intended to be ready for the start of the season in two weeks time, we do have almost enough for everyone to wear something:-)

Oh yes, and my pretty dress turned up today. I bought an outfit off ebay for my cousin's wedding & sisters hen night in April/May. The dress came today, and I was slightly concerned about buying without trying it on or even seeing it in real life, but it fit almost perfectly & was even nicer than the pcture. Now I just need to find some more places to wear it to:-)

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:27:00 am, Blogger craziequeen said…

    We'll have to make some reservations at Le Flute :-)

    cq

     
  • At Sunday, March 25, 2007 9:20:00 pm, Blogger Maggie said…

    Just to let you know a complete stranger is thinking of you all and hoping things get easier for you. The early retirement thing is a bit of a b*gger, I wish Aggie the best of luck with it. Sorry to hear the arthritis is getting worse for him. :-( Good luck with it all! And best wishes from Liverpool. :-)

     
  • At Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:08:00 am, Blogger Emily said…

    Best wishes to Aggie during this testing phase. And well done JM for holding it all together as always. I am joining you on the hair improvement tip. I am getting my hair cut for the first time in 4 months!

    How is the headlice thing going? I live in fear of an attack. It is going round pre-school at the moment.

     
  • At Wednesday, March 28, 2007 9:45:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Thanks Em. It's nice having your hair done - especially now it's a treat - but the cost!!! I couldn't believe how much they charged for some highlights!

    LMB is all clear and non-itchy again:-) And it's taught her to keep her hair up while at school which is good (she used to keep taking the bunches out after i had left!). None of the rest of us caught them, and no chemicals required in the end:-)

    Although I still think it was easier with Mstr A - I just shaved his head each time the sign went up at nursery:-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home