The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Saturday, January 27, 2007

They're like buses

Jobs that is. You don't see any for ages then two turn up at once.

Or not, in the case of buses in Weston:-)

The post came today with an interview for a job at the local secondary school, and a letter from UWE saying they are arranging dates for interviews for teacher training (not that I've been invited to interview mind - just that they need more time to arrange dates!).

Oh what a dilemma! I like this job, but I don't know if I want to be a lawyer, and staying as a legal sec for ever doesn't sound very financially rewarding. I love the idea of working school terms:-) I know I like teaching in a generic sense, but don't know if I'd like working in a school.... and I haven't actually been offered the course yet. But if I do get an interview I know the biggest deciding factor in getting the course is if I have been working in a school already (obviously not the same criteria is used for new graduates, which I reckon is age discrimination, but.....)

What to do?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At Saturday, January 27, 2007 3:10:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello!

    Sorry as this unrelated to the topic but I was wondering if you are still podcasting. I just discovered your podcasts on keeping a cosy and clean home and I LOVE them. I also love how they are divided into 15 minute chunks. I am a full-time working mom with a travelling husband and housekeeping is not my strength. I need your help and wisdom! Any chance you are still doing it or might start again?

    best, your biggest podcast fan!

     
  • At Saturday, January 27, 2007 4:46:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Hi anon, I'm so glad you are m y bggest fan. Although obviously not big enough to actually know who you are fan of, as hav never done a podcast in my life - or even seen one!

    And as to having my help with housework...........


    *just wait a few minutes while I try to pick myself up of the floor*

    I am, without doubt, the least housework minded person i have ever met, and still managed to claim to be "normal" mentally! I do absolutely the minimum I can get away with - and my opinion of what I can get away with dos not match up to most other people who consider my house straight after cleaning & tidying to be an absolute tip!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home