The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Friday, January 05, 2007

Bad mother day

I have been one of those "bad mothers" today. I've shouted at my kids for little reason, I've left them to play alone in their room. I fed them tinned spaghetti & yesterday's sausages on toast for lunch (although they also had yoghurts, fruit juice & raisins). I haven't done anything even vaguely educational with them:-(

Last night was one of those nights where I just couldn't sleep! Not for any reason, it just didn't happen, so today I have not been in the best mood.

I did manage to get everyone up, fed & dressed on time this morning. And I worked out how to put together the bike trailer we got off freecycle ages ago. I cycled them all to school & home again - those girls are getting to be heavy lumps now! Over 4 stone between them - plus the trailer - my legs were compaining by the time we got home!

But that was it for the morning. I intend to go swimming on Friday mornings, but I have to buy myself a swimsuit first, so that was my excuse for not going today. I tried to have a bit of a nap with the girls this morning - but they were having none of it:-(

This afternoon we have a birthday party to attend. I have managed to find and wrap a present for her. And organise (but not pay for) Mstr A to go to after school club. Although it's also his school disco tonight, so i'm going to have to send Aggie down with some clothes and money for him.

I think I really need to get a bit more organised!

3 Comments:

  • At Friday, January 05, 2007 10:09:00 pm, Blogger Emily said…

    Since I've had Zach I've been a bad mother too. Newborn plus winter = hello DVDs. Molly has been watching Little Mermaid a lot. She has also been playing a lot around the house in different rooms while I've been feeding, changing and winding the baby AND trying to have a poo by myself for 30 seconds (impossible).

    Well done of the cycling. I've got the costume, just the pool seems so very cold and uninviting and miles away!*

    *It isn't

     
  • At Sunday, January 07, 2007 9:54:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Some days it's all I can do just to tend to the basic necessities. I would have to say that in cycling your little ones to school, you accomplished much. [smile]

    I seriously need to get more organized and disciplined myself. I've turned into such a slacker lately. I think I'm waiting for Spring weather to give me a bit of 'oomph'.

     
  • At Wednesday, January 10, 2007 4:32:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    After a night without sleep, you just try to survive the next day without killing anyone. You have to adjust the standards by which you measure success.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home