The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

same old, same old

So it's back to normality as a SAHM for me in 2007. Aggie went back to work yesterday, and the girls went back to nursery too, and Mstr A happily spent the day playing computer games, so I spent the day catching up on the sleep that I missed over the festive period:-) Although sadly that was cut short when the nursery called to ask me to collect LMD in the early afternoon as she had a liquid poo, and so needs 48 hours off. Considering when I turned up she was giggling & laughing while running around and around in circles, I don't think there was anything more than Grandma's cooking wrong with her! But home she came.

One of the problems with working last term, is that I didn't get any info from the school as to events, trips, term dates etc. So I checked online when Mstr A's school returned and it said today, so this morning was a bit of a rush getting evryone and everything ready & out the door in time to drop off LMB at nursery then cycle LMD & Mstr A to school. I'd only gone a few metres when I suggested that I could be wrong, as there was not another child in sight, and, lo and behold, when we arrived at school it was still shut up tight for the holidays. Fortunately teachers were arriving (I assume for a training day) so they told us schoool starts properly tomorrow! So we cycled back home again, and today I have both children to amuse somehow!

I was going to take down the Xmas decorations and tidy up a bit, but Aggie locked the decoration boxes in the shed, so I can't! Ah well, a day of rest won't hurt:-) I am trying out my pressie from Nanny A though - a slow cooker. Hopefully there'll be a nice beef stew ready for as soon as Aggie gets home, and before I have to go rushing off to college this evening. This term we are doing the stuff I have to take exams in, so I'm going to have to be a bit more conscientous:-)

1 Comments:

  • At Thursday, January 04, 2007 5:37:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, how I wish I could go back to being a SAHM only. Just recently I had to get a job, or, you know... lose my house. So I went to the only place I knew would hire me right away. They hire everyone that walks through their door, as long as they're breathing. Anyhow, I've only been there two days and I want to cry. I'm surrounded by idiots.

    Ah well, I'm going to have to stay there for awhile. At least until my hubby finds a job he can keep. I just hope I get to keep my sanity.

    Here's to wishing you all the best, Mrs. A. You sound healthy and happy, so that's a good thing. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home