The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Monday, July 24, 2006

Happy Holidays

The summer holidays are here - Mstr A now has 6 weeks at home - help!!

Actually, he was ever so well behaved today, coming along to playgroup and playing quietly & safely while there, then wandering round town with us without once getting lost, or shouting. We stopped off for lunch, and even though they didn't have a ny of the promised pasts, he ordered and ate everything properly & without annoying the other diners. In fact, one couple came over and complimented the kids on being so well behaved! He even came home when he was told to, without arguing! Here's hoping it continues:-)

We haven't got lots planned for the holidays, just whatever takes our fancy on a day by day basis. Weston town council are running play days in the parks and on the beach, so we'll go to a few of those (they're free, which is even better), and we're going up to London for a week, but mostly i'll see what we all feel like & can afford. money is particularly tight atm, so I'm going to try to keep to a budget each week. I'm also going to start looking for a decent job now the kids are getting older, as Aggie has agreed to look into working flexi-hours or even dropping a few hours to help with childcare if i get my career moving again. I'm not sure how long it will take, as I still want something local, and something that pays reasonably, but we'll see what turns up.

Sadly i failed miserably at remembering to take any photo's while we were at Berkeley - although plenty of other people did, as we got to wander around as a whole family for once (usually one or the other of us is too busy to do so). I'll keep an eye out for any that turn up online and post them. CQ, CK & RCA came visiting us while we were there, so maybe they'll post something? We all had a lovely time there anyway, although there was so much going on we hardly saw a quarter of it all, and we didn't have loads of public coming to see us, as our group was hidden away at the far end of the field, and most punters didn't make it much past the castle & eventing field. My cooking was appreciated by the members of the group who partook, which was nice, but I'm glad I don't have to do it every event:-) The new bed was FANTASTIC! A quantum leap in sleeping, as Aggie put it on Saturday morning.

It's only a couple of days until we're off to Caerlaverock in Scotland anyway, so I'll try to rememebr to take photo's then & post them. It was too hot at Berkeley to wear all our nice stuff - well that's my excuse & I'm sticking to it!

3 Comments:

  • At Monday, July 24, 2006 10:19:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    Hey, A Jnr is growing up! :-)

    [whispers] of course, it won't last!

    On the subject of photos, I know I took a couple of nice ones of you and the baby, and even Aginoth - I think! - using his camera!
    [mental note to self - ALWAYS check the batteries in my own camera!]
    Anyway, it wouldn't have looked right - a mediaeval woman touting a camera! :-)

    cq

     
  • At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 8:07:00 am, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    That is a real problem actually - glaring anacronisms such as camera's/sunglasses etc really annoy me, so I try to only take pictures when no-one can see me:-)

     
  • At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 9:45:00 pm, Blogger CyberKitten said…

    ..and I didn't take a camera.

    Bought a nice little sword though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home