The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Too hot for words

It's too hot for anything! Temperatures reached record levels (highest July since records began) yesterday, and today was hotter, with tomorrow forcast to be hotter still.

Nanny A put my hat in the laundry basket, and I haven't washed it yet, so managed to get mild heatstroke this afternoon:-(

We had to walk all the way to Mstr A's new school today, as he was having a trial day - meet his classmates this morning and his new teacher this afternoon. It went really well - when I arrived to pick him up the class was sitting outside (in the shade of a tree) having a story read to them. I watched for 15 mins, and the whole time he sat still, quiet and attentively! Normally he would just get up and wander off, so i was well impressed:-) But it was a 20-25 min walk there and back in the morning & there and back in the heat of the afternoon, pushing LMB & LMD in the pram, no shade to be found anywhere!

I'm going to spend the summer hols teaching Mstr A & LMB to ride their bikes so we can cycle each way come September - especially as I'll be doing the journey 6 times a day!

I'm working tomorrow, so trying to get all my equipment packed in the car - but it's too hot for lugging stuff around!

If this global warming lark continues, us Brits are going to have to invest in some AC & learn that 12pm-4pm should NOT be our busiest hours!

5 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 10:11:00 pm, Blogger Paste said…

    It's now 10pm and I'm tapping the keyboard on the patio and it's STILL hot!

     
  • At Wednesday, July 19, 2006 11:16:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh dear sorry about the hat-I must buy you a spare,but then you will have one less excuse to moan about me-any self respecting M-in-L just has to cause chaos in her childrens homes(im sure its written somewhere)!!!Remember my hat that you lost out at sea.See you tomorrow-lots of love.

     
  • At Wednesday, July 19, 2006 11:35:00 am, Blogger MaR said…

    29ºC /83ºF in the house at night...it's too warm, too long! and august is around the corner ...!help!

     
  • At Wednesday, July 19, 2006 8:20:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ugh, I completely understand and empathize. The heat here, (mixed with high humidity), is horrendous too. I have AC, but it's so darn hot out that it's not cooling the house down properly. Right now I have it set a 70 and it's nearly 82 degrees in the house. I suppose that's better than the outdoors right now, where it's 98. Bah!

     
  • At Wednesday, July 19, 2006 8:45:00 pm, Blogger CyberKitten said…

    Temperatures on buses in the hottest parts of Britain hit 52C yesterday while the London Underground reached 47C. EU guidelines state that cattle should not be transported at temperatures exceeding 27C.

    Temperatures on the London Tube topped FIFTY degrees today. I'm SO glad I don't work there any more!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home