The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Finished!

Yay me! I've just finished my final essay for the law course I've been doing this year.

And the deadline isn't until Friday, so that's a first for me - usually I'd still be frantically scribbling at 3am on Friday morning for a 9am deadline!

Actually, i think the final essay is a pile of crap that will barely scrape na pass. But since I just need a pass to get a distinction overall (and therefore get out of one exam over the next two years if i continue with the course), I don't care. I'm sure that says something very profound about my personality.

Or maybe it just says that I'm lazy.

Or pragmatic - why do more than you have to?

Or perhaps just a bit pressed for time right now.

Anyway's. It's done. The course was interesting. Not too taxing, but a good re-introduction to the subject. 15 years is such a long time in law - especially considering almost every single statute commonly used has been rewritten since then, and our entry into the EU has wiped away most of our case law - and even our legal processes, not to mention the sweeping changes this government has made to the judiciary.... Still, much of it was common knowledge to me:-) I will probably go on to next years course, ahough it's a two year proper course, so I might have to actually work a bit harder:-) Although it's an exam only course, which will be better than essays and deadlines.

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, July 12, 2006 6:33:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like "pragmatic" as an answer. [grin] I'm not so hot with deadlines myself, but its more of a procrastination issue for me.

     
  • At Wednesday, July 12, 2006 5:12:00 pm, Blogger JR said…

    Congratulations! I'd say if you've done enough to get the grade you need, what will you achieve by doing more? Unless I'm totally into a topic, once I know I've done a good solid "A" job, going over the top isn't worth my time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home