The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Saturday, July 15, 2006

A weekend off

I was supposed to be working in London this weekend, running a two day paeds 1st aid course, but not enough people booked in so it was cancelled:-( I'm a bit upset as a) loads of people asked me to put a course on, then no-one booked in! b) I really needed the money.

But on the plus side I've just been asked to rush through a short course next week, which will recoup approx 50% of the money I was hoping to make in London, pluc it's for the local college, so there might be more work come september.

And on the other hand, it will be nice to have a whole weekend at home.

I'm intending to:
  • tidy the house (yeah right) Done the downstairs (thanks Nanny A)
  • Hang a curtain in the spare room to make it into a room, rather than a large hallway.
  • Finish the bathroom floor (maybe even start the bathroom ceiling?)
  • Clear the garden of rubbish & take it down the tip Done
  • Clear the garden of overgrown plants Mostly done
  • Collect some outstanding parcels
  • Get Mstr A's hair cut Done
  • Buy LMB new shoes
  • Catch up on all the lundry & put it away
  • play with the kids in the garden Done
  • sew Mstr A some new hose
  • Sew myself a new dress
  • Make some roseries & jewellery ready for next weekend (I might do those in the week day evenings tho)
  • Have some friends over to play board games & get outrageously drunk Just starting:-)

As well as all my normal daily routine of looking after three kids!

No pressure then:-)

And Aggie has only just got out of bed @ 11am!

6 Comments:

  • At Saturday, July 15, 2006 7:29:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh sure, a lazy day. (as if!) a mother's life is never boring, is it? oh for a boring day now and then. but can't talk...have my own list to which i must attend....

    here via michele and wishing you a happy weekend!

     
  • At Saturday, July 15, 2006 7:30:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh my...your list of to do's is making me very tired...must go take a nap now...heehee
    Here from Michele's!

     
  • At Saturday, July 15, 2006 7:34:00 pm, Blogger srp said…

    Here from Michele.
    I just need to brave the heat and go fight for those tomatoes. Right now the squirrels are winning the battle, but I will win the war.
    My real to do list is as long as yours and I just plain don't WANT TO!

     
  • At Saturday, July 15, 2006 7:40:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I say you play with the kids in the garden whilst teaching them how to pull weeds, forget about the laundry and house tidying, and then have your friends over and get outrageously drunk. That, in itself, would be a most rewarding weekend. [grin]

    I plan on cleaning and rearranging my son's bedroom. His OCD keeps insisting there are ants and spiders in his room, (which there are not), so if I rearrange and vacuum rigorously... he'll believe it's 'all-clear'. I'll just have to make sure no one mentions dust mites, or any of the other microscopic critters we have in this world. The poor boy would never be able to sleep then.

    Have a grand weekend!

     
  • At Saturday, July 15, 2006 7:56:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    It appears to me that all the other items on your list are superfluous and you should just move directly to the last item right now!

    Here from Michele today, avoiding cleaning my own house like the plague.

     
  • At Sunday, July 16, 2006 1:58:00 am, Blogger JR said…

    Well that last one sounds like quite a chore! I hope you've invited plenty of friends over to assist you! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home