The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

All grown up

All my kids are being very grown up today:

Mstr A took himself off to school this morning (against the school rules, but.....). he was terribly impressed with the idea, and considered it a treat:-) I considered it the better of two evils as LMB was really not looking very well this morning and it was pouring with rain! I stood at the front gate and watched him scoot up the road and round the corner - which puts him within 5 metres of the school gate, so we're not talking anything too major - I walked futher to school alone at his age - but still, it was a big step, and quite depressing in way (for me, not for him).

LMB made her first ever proper fashion decisions today, when we were given an enormous bag full of clothes from a friend. She immediately picked out some ridiculous knee high boots & struggled tp put them on. After about 5 mins stomping around in them she said "not comfortable mummy. Take them off." She then pulled out a much more sensible selection of clothing and carefully put aside the sequiny clothes/high heeled boots etc and said "for party time only". clever girl!

LMD walked all the home from school this afternoon (which is more tham LMB ever does, the lazy cow), causing much admiration & ooh's, aaah's isn't she cute? type comments from adults and children alike:-) When she got home she wandered into the kitchen, took out a yoghurt, yelled at me till I got a spoon & opened it for her, then absolutely insisted on feeding herself. I felt quite purposeless:-)

I am really looking forward to the kids growing up nough to look after themselves more - but it's kind of sad as it happens.

BTW - Happy Purim to those of you who celebrate it. By far the most fun of the Jewish festivals, I shake a rattle at you all:-)

5 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, March 15, 2006 6:07:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Being a stupid-a** American, I have to say..I could read you forever...I've always so ENJOYED the misunderstood English humor, and will visit from time to time. I'm a parent, too...tho mine are quite older. ABSOLUTELY loved your "My Beliefs" post, altho I think 'never underestimate humanity's need for space'. They'll HAVE TO GO THERE!.

    By th4e way, I'm a Libra, and although I don't necessarily believe in it, I've never met a libra who couldn't see three sides of anything..I've known few Scorpios...most have a darker side..(I apologize....................profusely)..just being honest.

     
  • At Wednesday, March 15, 2006 6:22:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Hi scrunch, and thanks. although your sens of humour seems just fine:-)

    I'm probably a scorpio, but no-one remembered to look at the clock when i was born, somewhere around midnght ish, so i may be a sagitarrius. i neither know nor care:-) I have absolutely no idea what my kids are!

     
  • At Thursday, March 16, 2006 4:23:00 pm, Blogger Kyahgirl said…

    I'm so happy that my kids are becoming less dependent too. But I know what you mean, you kind of miss them being 'little kids'.

     
  • At Sunday, March 19, 2006 5:50:00 am, Blogger chosha said…

    Love the LMB fashion story - so cute!

     
  • At Sunday, March 19, 2006 2:04:00 pm, Blogger Panthergirl said…

    Kids growing up is definitely a mixed bag... it's good when they become more independent, but it's also true that "little kids=little problems, big kids=big problems". Ah well...it's never boring!

    Here via michele today!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home