The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Confusion abounds 2

This afternoon, we went to see a friend who had a baby girl 2 weeks ago. She was remarkably settled considering it's her first child, and hubby had never even seen a baby before his own turned up:-)

Baby was sleeping in the travel cot downstairs when we arrived, so there was time for a coffee and a chat. When she woke up, mum happily allowed me to show the girls the "little baby".

LMB was enchanted, and sat quietly with baby on her lap (I held her too), stroked her hair a few times, then suggested she should go back to bed:-)

LMD yelled that she wanted to try too, so I held the baby on her lap. Immediately she poked her finger at the baby's eyes, just as she does with her dolls. I took her hand away, said "No!", and put the baby on her lap again. Poke at the eye. I take the baby away. LMD yells. I give her the baby. Poke in the eye. i take baby away. LMD yells.

We give baby back to mum. LMD grabs her doll (I'd taken a doll each for them to play with) and pokes it in the eye. Then she looks at me, and squeeks her "question?" squeek. When I don't shout at her, she repeats the action. Then she drops dolly to the floor, goes over to baby, and try's to poke her in the eye.

"No!" I tell her, again. She yells. again.

It's soooo difficult to understand!

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:43:00 pm, Blogger Sadie Lou said…

    Oh my goodness.
    Kids are crazy people. They are just plain nuts. Can you imagine if we never progressed past the point of a toddler's mentality?
    They make me laugh. I remember my daughter (she's 7 now) having a breakdown in the middle of the grocery store because I gave her a broken cookie instead of a whole one.

     
  • At Friday, March 03, 2006 7:13:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm her from Michele's....hello!

    Yes, children are funny creatures aren't they? Obvisiously your little one couldn't distinguish between her doll and the 'real' doll. It must be so confusing for them. I could only imagine what would happen if my 18mth old ever held a baby. She'd probably poke it in the eye too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home