The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Thursday Thirteen - The Unanswerables

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Questions I can't answer

1. Where do all the socks go? I buy them in pairs. I wear them in pairs. I wash them in pairs. Why are there hundreds of individual socks in my laundry basket waiting for their mate to turn up?

2. If we are warm blooded creatures, able to regulate our own body tempreture, why I am I so cold all the time?

3. Why do I spend £1000's on quality, fun and educational toys for the kids, if they think the best plaything in the world is half a torn envelope?

4. How come that however many money saving schemes I adhere to, and however much money we do or don't earn, we always spend more than we get in each month?

5. Why does chocolate taste and feel so much better for me than broccoli?

6. How come that no matter how much stuff you carry in your handba, you can never find the thing you really need, when you really need it?

7. Where do all the pens go? I buy boxes of them, but can never find one when I want one

8. Why do people think that computers will stop people reading? What are you doing right now?

9. Why is it that the more tired you are, the harder it is to sleep?

10. How come the same people who go on ad nuseum about how tough their childhood was and how much easier the kids of today have it, will also be the ones who nostalically remember the good old days and moan that we are depriving our kids of a childhood?

11. Who writes nursery rhymes and why do they choose such revolting subjects?

12. How old does something need to be before it becomes traditional?

13. Who first decided that fish would make good pets?

1. Links to other Thursday Thirteens!(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Shelli

Stacy

Mar

SleepyPete

CrazieQueen

Joan

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

14 Comments:

  • At Thursday, February 23, 2006 3:42:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    NUmber 1 : I love plain black socks...I own LOADS of pairs of plain black socks - then I always have 'pairs'!

    You used to be able to buy a little clip that clipped socks together in the wash.....dunno how well those worked!

    Or, for the more mystically minded - it sounds like the sock-fairy has set up home in your house!

    and number 5: I KNOW! perhaps that is why those grocers designed veggies that taste like chocolate....... :-)

    cq

     
  • At Thursday, February 23, 2006 5:20:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    #1. I buy a 6 to 10 pack of socks for my daughter at least once every three months. She's seriously due for another pack now. I think she eats them, or something?

    #5. 'Cuz it's oh, so yummy.

    #7. They are all in my daughters' room. Every single missing pen from the entire planet has got to be in their room. They are horrible little pen thieves.

    #11. Individuals with a twisted sense of humor. They are constructively venting their aggression. *grin*

    #13. I dunno. My fish are more moving art, than actual pets. Sometimes the art is soothing and pretty. Other times it's dark and revolting. Variety. I like that.

    Heh.

    Fun list, Mrs. A, thanks.

    My TT's are up too.

     
  • At Thursday, February 23, 2006 6:12:00 pm, Blogger stc said…

    Somewhere on each continent there is a mystical place which attracts both socks and pens to it like a magnet attracts iron filings. Billions of them are stored there — it must be so, because everyone I know experiences the same phenomena — missing socks and missing pens.

    Perhaps it's one of those "navels" the earth is supposed to have?

     
  • At Thursday, February 23, 2006 6:18:00 pm, Blogger jo_jo said…

    2. You may have a blood pressure problem - ALL the time is a signal something is wrong. If it's just most of the time, I suggest long johns and a hat. Or turn up the heating and bugger the effect on #4, which isn't working anyway, right?!

    3. The advertising firms spend lots of money figuring out how to press your "Am I a good parent?" button.

    6. Carry nothing and practice improvising!

    12. Time is irrelevant - it's a useful justification for any irrational behaviour eg. I ALWAYS have a bar of chocolate when I return my library books, it's traditional.

     
  • At Thursday, February 23, 2006 7:38:00 pm, Blogger MaR said…

    Good questions, Mrs. A. Can't answer them either, lol. Specially nr. 1 and nr 3... I should have known better. Do you have a Nemo? My TT is up

     
  • At Thursday, February 23, 2006 9:25:00 pm, Blogger CyberKitten said…

    I actually think its a combination of socks & pens that make up the 'dark matter' that is holding the Universe together.

     
  • At Thursday, February 23, 2006 9:49:00 pm, Blogger Sleepypete said…

    Got mine up :-)

    TT's

    Hope that link works :-)

    PS If you hear cracks an unusual noises at night, it's the house settling due to the influence of gravity waves coming from the miniature black hole that's down the back of the sofa. Yep - the mini black hole which eats odd socks and forks ...

     
  • At Thursday, February 23, 2006 9:53:00 pm, Blogger Sleepypete said…

    Doh ! Copy + paste error - try :

    TT's

     
  • At Thursday, February 23, 2006 10:00:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    My TT is up :-)

    cq

     
  • At Friday, February 24, 2006 1:28:00 am, Blogger JR said…

    Um, I think the socks and the pens were working together on an escape plan and have finally succeeded. So I'm certain where you find one, you'll find the other.

     
  • At Friday, February 24, 2006 2:25:00 am, Blogger Joan said…

    Great idea for a TT. There are lots of unanswerables, aren't there?

    My 13 are posted.

     
  • At Friday, February 24, 2006 2:53:00 am, Blogger mig bardsley said…

    I like that list a lot!
    1. Iv'e got the other halves in my washing basket
    2.You don't regulate fast enough... you're still trying to keep up with British Summer time
    3. So you can play with them yourself of course!
    4. You can't think of everything before you have to pay for it.
    5. MMMMM. Why not?
    6. Come on, you didn't realise that kitchen sink thing was a joke?
    7. Yes. I've got those too; the charities send them to me in envelopes stuffed with begging letters and none of them work.
    8. Ho,ho!
    9. When you're too tired to get up from the floor it's too uncomfortable to sleep
    10. I don't,they don't,I don't and I didn't :)
    11. Something to do with oral traditions. Definately nasty...not like chocolate
    12. twice.
    13. O o o o o.

    that was fun! Thankyou :)

     
  • At Friday, February 24, 2006 3:43:00 pm, Blogger WendyWings said…

    You have Borrowers in your house obviously !
    I have them here too.

     
  • At Friday, February 24, 2006 5:31:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    (denies wearing odd socks as I type this)

    Its the evil washing basket monster - pairs go in...only single issues come out..

    Found a potential solution with pens. Have one - its easier to keep track of and harder to lose (having said that've just lost my £30 silver rollerball pen I love and had it magically replaced by a £2.99 ballpoint so there are still flaws with the plan...)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home