The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Horay!

I handed in my notice at work today:-) :-) :-) :-)

Well, actually I sent the letter, but it says that I have ceased work as of yesterday, as they owe me well over a months leave (with TOIL included), and I only have to give a months notice.

I feel very relieved, despite the fact I have no other job lined up yet. This one was causing me so much stress that it really wasn't worth continuing in. I wasn't doing it properly, completely disagreed ethically & professionally with most of what I was doing, and was not really doing anyone any favours by continuing.

I have three months worth of self-employed work booked, the kids are no longer attending nursery which will save me a fortune, and good old Nanny A has promised to baby-sit on friday's so I can continue with college. I have a couple of job applications in (one for a FT job with LOADSA money, and one for a out-of-school hours job for less money, but with a company I worked well with before). If neither work out by the end of February, I'll be sending begging letters to all the all-night garages locally (I did that all through my student years).

whatever, i am sure it is the right decision. a scary one, but the right one. It's only for a few years, and it's time to stop trying to tear myself in two every day. I'm a real SAHM now (well apart from college & my own business!) - something I absolutely NEVER imagined I could/would do in my wildest dreams.

7 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 8:26:00 pm, Blogger mig bardsley said…

    Have to apologise for not knowing what is an SAHM but otherwise, congratulations. Hope both jobs come back begging for you (thus creating lots of new stress and excitement).
    Bravely done!

     
  • At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 9:27:00 pm, Blogger mommyguilt said…

    Hats off to you! I am so pleased that you are starting over! I wish you the best of luck, cuz you sure do deserve it!

     
  • At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 10:11:00 pm, Blogger JR said…

    Congratulations on taking the first giant leap! It's sooo scary, I know because I did it myself. SAHM, then went back to school and work and arranged everything around the kids' schedules. It can be done! Four degrees later, it doesn't seem that hard, but my sisters would chime in with all the times I called them up and bawled on the phone how tired I was. Lucky you, you have a hubby to help out. Enjoy this time of your life, it really will whiz by before you know it.

     
  • At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 10:30:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Thanks for all the supportive comments. For the first time in a while, I really am looking forward to the future.

    SAHM = (stay at home mum)

    VV NO WAY am I doing four degrees!!!!

     
  • At Wednesday, February 01, 2006 1:01:00 am, Blogger WendyWings said…

    Congratulations on taking that first step. I am sure the future is bright for you :)

     
  • At Wednesday, February 01, 2006 2:56:00 pm, Blogger Paste said…

    Wow, first male comment:-)
    Good for you, always a difficult decision to give up work with no replacement organised but I'm sure you have done the right thing. I'm equally sure that I would have handed your boss the resignation letter and to enjoy seeing his reaction!

     
  • At Wednesday, February 01, 2006 5:29:00 pm, Blogger stc said…

    Good luck with it, Mrs. A. It's been obvious for a while that you weren't enjoying the job, and you weren't getting much out of it financially, either. I'm sure you've made a good choice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home