The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Monday, December 05, 2005

Where do the mornings go?

Wow, Monday again, and it's already nearly 1pm. Where did the morning go? When I was single & unemployed (for 2 months in Scotland in 1995) I remember the mornings dragging on and on and on, but now they sem to be over before I've even sat & thought about the day!

I did manage to phone all the candidates for the coaching exam on Sunday. That turned into a bit of a debacle really. I did the course back in september, sent off all the paperwork, sorted an examiner & forgot all about it. The candidates have to complete a log book & some mentored coaching before the exam, but my job as tutor was done. then last week I got a phone call from one (just one) saying that they had not recieved any details from the examiner. They are supposed to get at least two weeks notice of what lesson to prepare. I phoned the examiner to discover she had forgotten all about it & had booked in something else for Sunday.

It had been a misunderstanding really. She thought I had just asked IF she was available on that date, and would get back to confirm if she was needed. I thought she had confirmed she was available to do it on that date. I should have learned by now - Always, always put everything in writing!

So I spent all last week phoning around to find a replacement examiner. At one point I thought I was going to have to postpone the exam, but fortunately, i finally found someone on Friday. It's all going to be a bit rushed now, but hopefully it will work out ok in the end.

Anyway, I spent the weekend phoning everyone to let them know, but of course they were mostly out. So got hold of everyone today to let them know what was going on, and that it wqas still taking place. I'm going to have to go there on Sunday now though to be moral support!

I suppose I also managed a small amount of cleaning up - although our vacuum cleaner is not sucking very well, so I think I'm going to have to swap it for the spare one upstairs - it's all such an effort you know. I've managed a cooked lunch formyself & LMB (LMD is sleeping wayhey!). I really ought to write a college assignment or two, but I've still got this head cold & my brain is not relly in full working order:-( Maybe later eh?

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home