The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Sunday, October 23, 2005

A long day

It was a long day yesterday.

Up at 5.30am, get me & LMD dressed & ready to go out (LMD was totally confused as to what was going on). Packed food for LMD & trundled out in the cold & dark. 6am is so early in the winter, but perfectly acceptable in the summer! A quick trip up the motorway to pick up CQ (sorry I was a tad late), then a long trip up the M5, M4, M25 (through THE roadworks -do they ever actually DO anything bthere), M23, & into Croydon, just to discover I have to park 5 mins walk away fro the course venue.

Now I don't mind a 5min walk in normal circumstances, but this was a first aid course - I had 4 manikins, first aid kits, 30 manuals, flip-charts, whiteboards, paperwork, acetates,& general work stuff to take there, as well as LMD & her bag, so dragging that all around the block wasn't a particularly pleasant experience.

The courses went well. We stuck to timings, so LMD got fed, and even more amazingly I managed to sqeeze in 10 mins for lunch too. Everyone passed. CQ did a stirling job of keeping LMD occipied & out of earshot. Finally 6pm rolled round & we packed everything back up & traipsed round to the car. I thought I'd give LMD a quick feed before we left, but a couple of minutes after she latched on a delightful jobsworth stuck his head in & asked that we move the car as he wanted to close the car-park gates. obviously 5 more minutes would have been too long to wait!

We made it out of Croydon, then pulled up in a bus stop to finish off her feed, as she was understandably upset. Then it was just a happy jaunt back out of London, onto the M23, M25 (through the roadworks - WHY?), M4, M5, drop off CQ, down the M5 to home. Made it back here at 9.30pm.

Mr A had pizza all ready & waiting for me. LMD woke up & played for a couple of hours. LMB woke up for a cuddle. During the night LMD woke up twice, & LMB woke once. Mstr A woke up & chatted at me at 6am. Now I'm tired, got a sore throat & trying to work out where we should take the kids for a family day out. It's been a long time since we've all had a day together, so it would be nice to do something with it. except it's raining. and cold. Something indoors I think.

3 Comments:

  • At Sunday, October 23, 2005 9:24:00 am, Blogger craziequeen said…

    Sounds like a most successful day - and I stand by my suggestion....a buggy makes a magnificent trolley - if you don't mind carrying the squirming child :-)

    Have a lovely day, Aginoths, you deserve it :-)

    cq

     
  • At Sunday, October 23, 2005 12:17:00 pm, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    I saw your name on Michele's list and was intrigued by it; came here even though my name didn't come after yours and am very glad I did. I feel like I've just had a lovely visit with you there in beautiful England; now I'll have to go and read About You, and find out who the cast of characters are! So, I say hello to you and Michele sent me, only she didn't know it!

     
  • At Sunday, October 23, 2005 5:51:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    CQ Thanks again. Buggies make good trolleys, but it's not particularly good for their second-hand saleability!

    OldLady - Hi & welcome. Glad you had a nice visit. Feel free to nose around my life and commenet whenever you want:-)

    Mary P - I can't blame this one on my employers, the 1st Aid stuff is all self employed through my own company. The problem was that I agreed to do one course their & the client accidently double booked me for two - hence the ridiculously long day!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home