The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Friday, October 21, 2005

Stop the world

I wanna get off!

Sometimes, I just don't want to do it any more. Just for an hour or so. This evening was one of those.

friday's are alway's busy, getting all the kids off to their respective schools for 8.30am then shooting off to college, finishing just in time to collect the kids. Today I squeezed in a quick stop at the supermarket too, as we needed some fresh food & printed off 30 1st aid manuals for the courses I'm doing tomorrow.

by the time I'd picked up the kids, reminded Mstr A to bring everything home for half term, argued with LMB that I couldn't carry her & push the pram, carried her & pushed the pram all the way home (I know, I'm just making it harder on myself), I was getting quite stressed about having everything ready for my 6am start tomorrow. Fortunately Mr A finishes work at 3pm on Fridays, so he was home at 4 & I went into the back room to try & get all my paperwork done. Mr A & Mstr A played the Nintendo, as Mr A had bought some new (secondhand) games from a collegue.

Withing 5 mins both girls were climbing on me, pressing buttons on the computer, fighting each other & generally being difficult. I waited for Mr A to come help, but no, he was too busy. Eventually I gave up trying to work & brought the girls back into the front room where I discovered why I'd been ignored for so long - the boys had the Nitendo up at about the 1000 decibel level (well, ok, but very loud) !

I cooked supper, & managed to drag them off the computer for 15 mins to eat it, but only for them both to go running back immediately. I cleared up the supper things, I bathed the girls, Then insisted Mstr A stopped playing to get clean too.

Mr A managed to rouse himself to put LMB to bed, & I did Mstr A (we take it in turns), but LMD refused to sleep again!. The moment LMB's bedroom door was shut, Mr A jumped onto his latop to play an online game. And that's where he's been ever since.

I've collated & bound all my manuals, printed out the other paper-work, packed the car, looked up where I have to go, fed LMD, fed LMD again in the vain hope she'll go to sleep & tidied up.

LMB screamed for 10 mins. A vast improvement, but still horrible to listen to.

I need some time off - anyone want a job or three for a couple of weeks?

5 Comments:

  • At Friday, October 21, 2005 9:29:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    You get to do grownup stuff tomorrow while I help out with LMD :-)

    Bet she screams constantly - you know what she's like [wink]

    Ought to go to bed now - 6am will be here before I know it....

    cq

     
  • At Friday, October 21, 2005 9:36:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    It's no good, sm - even with the lure of free weekend babysitting - she can't leave LMD yet.

    But I detect the distinct possibility of my services being required the first week in February :-)

    cq

     
  • At Friday, October 21, 2005 10:03:00 pm, Blogger Aginoth said…

    Someone is exaggerating and fails to mention that as soon as I came in this evening I took sole charge of all 3 children as Mrs.A went to get her stationery supplies from the local retail park.

    I also then walked over tesco's in the rain earlier (this would be when I was supposedly playing computer games) and purchased for my darling wife, at her request, a fresh Chocolate Swiss roll and Thick Double Cream, plus the things she required for work tomorrow that she hadn't had time to get.

    I played the N64 for 25 minutes prior to my sojourn with my son after being told I was allowed too, as he had been so well behaved at school, and to see the raft of new games I had acquired for him to play (13 of them).

    I then carriyed out parental duties in putting LMB to bed, and then sat down at the main PC to wrestle with the inland revenue and to try and get us as a family extra money for our family Tax Credit. Oh what a fun online game that was.

    Then I eventually played an actual online puzzle game for all of 45 minutes before being berated for doing nothing this evening...

     
  • At Saturday, October 22, 2005 7:10:00 pm, Blogger Paste said…

    We are never appreciated Mr A!

     
  • At Sunday, October 23, 2005 8:58:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mr A, Mrs Aginoth urgently needs a break, in case you haven't noticed.
    Mr A??? Michele sent me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home