The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Monday, October 17, 2005

I remember this feeling.....

Sorry for the lack of posts over the weekend - We've been away! Nowhere very exciting, just to my Mothers in NE London, but it was a good weekend all the same.

We went up on Friday night, so had all day Saturday to just relax & do stuff without feeling guilty for not getting on with house work/shopping/DIY/work etc. Went wandering in Epping Forest with the kids & Mastr A showed a healthy interest in learning about the different trees & stuff - which is something I've always wanted to know about. We've got some books, so we'll have to try & go out regularly enough for him to learn it all just by association. we also collected some whopping conkers & Mr A taught mstr A & LMB how to play conkers in the traditional, time honoured way. Mstr A won:-) I've promised he can take a conker into school to show his friends, although it can not be his oner, as conkers on strings are banned at his school for H&S reasons!

In the evening & put the two bigger kids to bed with their cousin(same age as LMB) & my mums, then escaped for the evening to my sisters. It was her 35th birthday, and I had a grown up evening of drinking, smoking (passively only, as Mr A gave me a "look" & reminded me that I'm still feeding LMD), chatting, waving both arms around & generally being me. I can't even remember the last time i drank alcohol at all, let alone in company. I had a really good time, and remembered what life used to feel like!

Sadly we had to leave early as I was working all day Sunday. Still, it was nice to get out, without worrying about the kids all the time.

Spent all day Sunday working, teaching First Aid to a bunch of Gymnastics Coaches in East London. It went well - everyone passed (although it's not a very difficult course). My mum took LMB & cousin off for the whole morning, so Mr A only had LMD & mstr A, who were apparently both angels, playing together, helping tidy up, eating everything & not screaming at all. It makes my work SO less stressful when I know the kids are happy. I finished at 6pm, went back to my mums, packed everything up (mr A can't manage to look after kids & pack our stuff during the day) & headed back home through the Sunday traffic.

I felt really smug that all the drinking & late night didn't affect me at all on Sunday (I always used to be a great drinker - the drunker I got, the earlier I wake up & bthe more likely I am to cook everyone breakfast!). Unfortunately someone thought I deserved punishing cos I feel crap today - not sure if it's the weekend catching up or the start of a cold, but just can't find any energy or enthusiasm today at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home