The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Happy Thursday Thirteen

Following last weeks miserable 13, I thought I'd go with a happy 13 this week........


Thirteen Things that have made me happy this week
  1. Mstr A has got a place at his new school starting in September. I'm feeling very relieved, both because I think it will be a much better environment for him, and because I am no longer battling my personal ethics every day. As LMB will be attending the adjoining pre-school every afternoon too, September is starting to look really good to me:-)

  2. Happy families - i am finally starting to see some pay-off for having three kids, as they spend more and more time playing together nicely & safely. They still need plenty of supervision, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

  3. LMB is finally fully potty trained in the daytimes. In fact, she's toilet trained for poo's, and although she still prefers the potty for wee's, she goes there herself, empties it down the toilet herself, flushes & washes the potty herself. Lazy mummy, moi?

  4. LMD has finally discovered that speech is there as a communication aid & is using her words to make her wishes known. This makes for a happier baby and a happier mummy.
  5. Nanny A took the girls out for the day yesterday so i could get my essays written (well, I've only got one left now anyway), and they came back with a new pair of sandals each. As a school freind gave me two binbags full of clothes a couple of months ago, I should be able to make it through to autumn without buying anything other than underwear for my kids now:-)

  6. I finally made the appointment with my Dr to have my coil removed. I hate it & it has turned me into a moody, stroppy, tired, uncomfortable & depressed person.

  7. I boked my train tickets to London to stay with my mother in august (yuk). A single for me & the three kids came to just £16.50. I was pleasently shocked. (the most expensive ticket offered for the same journey was £175)

  8. Aggies boss got offered a new job. this will hopefully give Aggie a chance to "act up" for a while (with pay) and maybe even take the role on permently when they advertise it.

  9. We've been spending hours looking at holiday brochures, trying to work out where we might be able to afford to go on our tesco vouchers next year. I know most of the destinations are beyond us, but it's nice to think about what might be.

  10. Aggie has finally sealed the bathroom floor. I am going to lay the tiles now & have our bathroom back in use by next week............... just the ceiling to do now;-)

  11. Mstr A won the fancy dress competition at his school fete on saturday. he went in his re-enactmet gear as Medieval Mstr A, but still, it's the first time his ever agreed to wear fancy dress at all, and he was well impressed by winning.

  12. We had friends round for alcohol and board games on saturday. I got drunk & stayed up chatting until 2am. I almost felt like a person again:-) although when i had to get up with the kids at 6am I didn't feel tip top:-)

  13. We tidied up the (downstairs of the) house ready for our night of drunken revelry, and it's still tidy! I like having a tidy house, and we've had space to do all sorts of fun thing that I don't usually manage.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



12 Comments:

  • At Thursday, July 06, 2006 6:24:00 am, Blogger Chaotic Mom said…

    I'd be happy to "feel like a person again", too. ;)

     
  • At Thursday, July 06, 2006 7:35:00 am, Blogger Meira{FB} said…

    Good luck with the potty training!
    Happy TT!

     
  • At Thursday, July 06, 2006 9:33:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yea! It sounds like you have plenty to be happy about, especially the bathroom getting done. How much better could it get than that? [grin]

     
  • At Thursday, July 06, 2006 9:54:00 am, Blogger Laura said…

    so I'm not the only juggler out in the vast Blogland?
    new to your tt. hello! my tt is up

     
  • At Thursday, July 06, 2006 4:08:00 pm, Blogger Megan said…

    You should do "real people" things more often. Make a point of it each week. You'll feel so much better.

    Sounds like you've had a good week! I hope the rest of it is even better.

     
  • At Thursday, July 06, 2006 4:20:00 pm, Blogger Kelly said…

    Sounds like a wonderful week. I love a tidy house also. I just got a bag of hand me downs for my daughter. I love it!

     
  • At Thursday, July 06, 2006 4:47:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    There are times when I wished the kids would just hurry up and either go to school, or grow up a little, but then time flies, and I wish things would just slow down.
    Good luck with your bathroom project. My house seems like it a construction zone too.
    Happy Thursday!

     
  • At Thursday, July 06, 2006 5:16:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You need a male comment too! I'm just from down the road in Cannington, Somerset and run a chess sets store online. I (and my wife) have three kids too, the youngest not yet potty trained - sooo. I know what your talking about.

     
  • At Thursday, July 06, 2006 5:49:00 pm, Blogger Kimba said…

    So many things to be greatful for! I'd love to see the hubby's medieval costume!

     
  • At Thursday, July 06, 2006 7:45:00 pm, Blogger Raggedy said…

    Great list! It sounds like wonderful things are happening in your world. I did not understand #6, the coil? but I hope everything goes well with that appointment. Thanks for stopping by my place too!

     
  • At Thursday, July 06, 2006 10:01:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    Hiya sweetie :-)

    Quite a week in the Aginoth household! Give each kid a kiss from me; A Jnr for winning his fancy dress, LMB for being such a grown up girl and cleaning up after herself, and little LMD for realising the usefulness of speech. All great landmarks in childhood!

    cq
    My TT is up - it's not up to the standard of yours!

     
  • At Friday, July 07, 2006 7:09:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tidy after drunken evenings is something my friends are not capable of, nor am I! Thanks for the 13. ~lisa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home