The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Hitting home

Mstr A was suspended from school yesterday. He's not allowed on the school premises until Tuesday morning, which means he is missing the end of term party for his after school club (which he absolutley adores and was really looking forward to), and the school fete today.

Yesterday was not a happy day:(

I don't think he's grasped the severity of suspension, despite the fact that I have tried in every way I can think of to explain it, and terrify him into believing that school is his best option by far....

I was at work. I KNOW that nothing would have been different if I'd been at home. But I was at work. He's 7 years old, suspended from school, and I wasn't even there to talk to the teachers.

I spent the afternoon adding up the sums every way possible. If I leave work we would have to sell the house. Renting a property would be more expensive than paying the mortgage, but welfare benefits only cover rent, so that would be the only way to have a roof over our heads. So I'm staying at work. I'm quite concerned about the summer holidays, but.....

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At Sunday, July 06, 2008 10:09:00 am, Blogger craziequeen said…

    Don't beat yourself up that you were at work, supporting the family.
    Mr A was at home and could deal with Jnr and the teachers.
    Was it disobedience/wilfulness or an inability to cope with Jnr's needs?

    It'll be a challenge teaching Jnr the impact of suspension, but he should pick up the idea of punishment.

    Mind you, I do think 7 is a little young for suspension - it's a severe punishment.
    I can't talk though, both me and my brother were caned in junior school.

    cq

     
  • At Sunday, July 06, 2008 2:06:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    They had to suspend. It was violence witnessed by parents:(

    On the bright side, now he's been physically violent he should get funding for one-one assistance in school. On the down side, he copletely denies having done anything wrong, and I have no idea how to get past that. Hopefully we can find some professional advice to help out.

     
  • At Sunday, July 06, 2008 3:55:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hang in there guys. Our love to you both A & K

     
  • At Tuesday, July 15, 2008 7:13:00 am, Blogger Cheeks said…

    All kids deny having done wong- 'It wasn't me..' What do YOU think? Did he or did he not? If he did, he must learn that misbehaviour is followed by retribution. That is life. If he did not, now is as god a time as any to learn a most valuable lesson-life is NOT fair.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home