The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Thursday Thirteen - Update

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things about My Good Intentions

OK, so over the past few months I've posted a number of times about things I intend to do. A fair few of you have asked for updates on how these are going, so here it is.....

1. NYR 1 - Lose weight, back to my pre Mstr A pregnancy size.
A slow process, but one that has actually started now I've finally fibished feeding LMD, and therefore have no more excuses. I've lost maybe 4-6lb's. but there is an awful lot more to go.

2. NYR 2 - Leave my shitty employers & get another job
Oh yeah, done that. Well, the leaving bit. Still waiting to get the next oine, but am busy busy busy running my own company at the moment.

3. NYR 3 - Be more organised & have some kind of routine
We-ell, I'm working on this one. I am slowly organising myself, but I do have a tendancy to fight it. I mean, going food shopping is just something that has to be done, it is NOT what I do on a Wednesday. That's no way to spend your life! And God help me if I get to the stage where I say "ooh no, thanks for offering, but I couldn't possibly come over for coffee tomorrow, it's my housework day"

4. NYR 4 - Keep the front room tidy
Tidier. There should have been an ier on the end! It's definitely better. I'm working on it OK?

5. NYR 5 - Finish the ****ing bedroom walls
Aggie has put up a whole three boards - approx 2 square metres! At this rate I may have half a wall finished by the end oif the year.

6. NYR 6 - Find some time to do regular exercise
No, not yet. Maybe when I get organised:-)

7. NYR 7 - Read more
YES! I've read a few good books this year already, and generally find at least some time each evening to read now.

8. NYR 8 - Watch less TV
YES! With Aggie addicted to his computer game in the back room, I can sit in the front room and TURN the TV OFF when there is nothing I want to watch on. Giving me time to read, blog & relax.

9. NYR 9 - Toilet train LMB
Not yet, still working on it slightly, but I can't be bothered to put much effort in during the winter. It's too much hassle to take off coats, pull down tights etc. In the summer she can run around naked, and it all works much better.

10. NYR 10 - Save some money (yeah right!)
Absolutely not:-(

11. Fight the chocolate addiction
Hmmm, kinda done ok-ish on this one. I've completely (nearly) given up buying any. I can now resist the urge to wander aimlessly around the house until I get my hit. I refuse to make do with dodgy sub-standard replacements (hot chocolate/chocolate spread etc) I still plunge head first off the wagon when offered any with even the smallest excuse though!

12. Stop LMD's feeds by her first birthday
Oh yes, been there done that. From at least 6 feeds a day on Christmas day, I dropped a feed a week, and it was completely withdrawn on the evening of her birthday (30th Jan). Other than the fact that she now eats EVEN more than she did previously, she doesn't seem at all bothered. Actually, she might even be more settled and independant now she doesn't need me all the time. I, on the other hand, am still in absolute ****ing agony. DON'T TOUCH ME!!!!

13. Get a full nights sleep
Oh yes, sleeping is goooood. All the kids sleep through the night now. Every night! Once again, three days of controlled crying were all that was required. Woo hoo - I feel so much better for it - and so does LMB! Now if only I could teach her that 6am is not wake up time.....


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Wendywings
Mar
Ma

Scouser
Dariana
Shelli

Stacey
CrazieQueen
Chickidee

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


19 Comments:

  • At Thursday, February 09, 2006 7:18:00 am, Blogger debambam said…

    I admire you ability to share so many different things about yourself on a weekly basis..makes for great reading!

     
  • At Thursday, February 09, 2006 7:21:00 am, Blogger WendyWings said…

    WTG on the sleeping through the night thing, we are still having issues and she is four ugh.

    My TT list

     
  • At Thursday, February 09, 2006 7:57:00 am, Blogger mar said…

    Great update, Mrs A. And you seem to be doing sooooo good! you are very organized (organised? :D )you run your "family business" AND you have your (elaborated ) TT published on time! Good for you! My 13 are up

     
  • At Thursday, February 09, 2006 8:43:00 am, Anonymous Ma said…

    Good to do list Mrs. A. I think I need to make one of those, but I have been insuch a rut the past few months.

    Thanks for stopping by my 13

     
  • At Thursday, February 09, 2006 10:42:00 am, Anonymous Scouser said…

    Nice list but I could never keep my NYR until I made one to never make another NYR ever. That was 4 years ago and I have managed to keep it going LOL
    My TT

     
  • At Thursday, February 09, 2006 11:15:00 am, Anonymous Dariana said…

    I read a lot and I don't do TV, but I can totally relate to #13. Its been years since I slept all night. I would give anything to sleep just once ALL night, lol.

    Happy TT, mine are up!

     
  • At Thursday, February 09, 2006 1:22:00 pm, Blogger Shelli said…

    I'd say that you are doing pretty well! Way to go.

    My 13

     
  • At Thursday, February 09, 2006 2:19:00 pm, Anonymous ~ Stacy ~ said…

    Good Morning, Mrs. A! Well, it's morning from where I sit. Considering the fact that I didn't go to bed until 3 am ... it's way to darn early right now.

    Your #3 ... I can relate. Orginization takes planning/goal setting, which in turn requires one to think/plan ahead. Um, yeah. I'd rather live on the spur of the moment, thanks. So, good luck to ya. (smile)

    #4. This is the only tidy room in my house. I have to threaten my children's lives in order for it to remain clean, though. Which, they're getting real good about complying. Heh.

    #6. Aw jeez ... thanks for the reminder. I need to walk on my Gazelle glider today. Now, if I could just find somewhere else to hang all these coats.

    #11. Fight it? I shudder to imagine such a horrendously frightening concept.

    Thanks for sharing your list! Have a great day!

    Here's a link to my TT's ... Stacy @ Dorannes

     
  • At Thursday, February 09, 2006 4:11:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    attagirl!! :-)

    My TT is up.......

    cq

     
  • At Thursday, February 09, 2006 5:09:00 pm, Anonymous Chickadee said…

    Oh, fighting the chocolate addiction, I commend you for fighting that one. I don't have the willpower right now for that. Chocolate tastes sooo good!

    My 13 are up.

     
  • At Thursday, February 09, 2006 6:15:00 pm, Anonymous Nicole said…

    Just stay motivated and keep up the good work. It's great that you've got a list so you can stay on track.

    Happy TT!

     
  • At Thursday, February 09, 2006 6:16:00 pm, Blogger Sadie Lou said…

    I read that you want to get back to your pre-pregnancy size and I had to giggle--I thought that was possible too but after talking to my obgyn, he told me that 145lbs is not a realistic goal.
    *laughing*
    I would be happy with 170.
    (I'm 6ft.)

     
  • At Thursday, February 09, 2006 6:55:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Ah, but my pre-pregnancy size was hardly a svelte size 8:-) It is perfectly possible for me to achieve that goal if I diet for a year or so!

     
  • At Thursday, February 09, 2006 7:03:00 pm, Blogger Sadie Lou said…

    a year?!
    Gosh. You're brave. I tried the South Beach diet last year before I got pregnant and the first phase almost killed me. No bread? Cereal? Pasta? Why???!!
    What diet will you go with?

     
  • At Thursday, February 09, 2006 8:12:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Ah, being nutritionally trained (Which is different from being a trained nutritionist), I will be going with the ONLY diet that works - the changing your eating habits diet:-)

    It's a long term project, you don't see the rapid result you get if you play with the Fad diets, but equally it's healthier, won't reduce my energy levels, and will keep the weight off.

    I cut out saturated fat & down on cheese ages ago, so it's an end to snacking & munching choccy or crisps in front of the Tv for me:-(

     
  • At Thursday, February 09, 2006 8:33:00 pm, Blogger Emily said…

    I enjoyed your 13!! Good luck on all of them...but make sure to work on getting a full night's sleep before doing a regular work out or you'll be REALLY tired! ;)

    Here is my TT if you are interested!

     
  • At Thursday, February 09, 2006 9:51:00 pm, Blogger Kimmy said…

    Great list idea! You've done better than I!

    My 13 are up, too!

     
  • At Friday, February 10, 2006 1:19:00 am, Anonymous Caryn said…

    What a great idea for a post! Nice to have some accountability, I bet. :-) Looks like you're making good progress.

     
  • At Friday, February 10, 2006 5:16:00 pm, Blogger ivoryfrog said…

    I can relate to nearly all of those!
    only things that are slightly different are NYR 2 - left shitty job ages ago and now a SAHM...although with OH now out of work don't know what will happen. NYR 5 - this could apply to our whole house! Lots started not much completed. LOL. NYR 12 - will probably feed Savannah (DD#2) longer than a year.
    but 10 out of 13...seriously I could have writen these NYR's! You are doing a lot beter than me on all of them I think! LOL.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home