The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My first Thursday Thirteen

Well I thought I'd give it a go, cos it might be a nice way to sum up the important things in my life each week. But then I thought maybe I should do an introductory thirteen to get started, for those of you who don't know much about my life, so here goes:


Thirteen Things about Mrs Aginoth
  1. I have three kids, all under 6 years old. I was told I couldn't have any, and planned my life accordingly. I'm only just getting over the shock really.
  2. I live in Somerset, England, in a big Georgian house that still needs a lot of work done on it, but within walking distance of the train station, shops & beach.
  3. Weston beach has a lot of sand and mud, but very little sea, sun or culture!
  4. It's good that I can walk everywhere, because we are now a one car family & Aggie uses it for work every day.
  5. Our one car is very big!
  6. I am employed by idiots as a half time regional development officer. I like my work, but hate my employers. I am hoping to leave soon.
  7. I also run my own training company teaching 1st aid, sports coaching & leisure qualifications. I love this, but don't make enough regular money from it to rely on it as an income
  8. Just in case I get bored, I also study law at my local college one day a week.
  9. I have just withdrawn my kids from formal childcare!
  10. I hate tidying up, so there is always "stuff" lying around with no proper place to live. This is my excuse for doing very little housework too.
  11. Aggie works full time as a civil servant. Except when he's off sick with his various ailments!
  12. I have three brothers, three sisters, and amicably separated parents. Aggie has five brothers, separated parents, numerous step-families, and uncountable/interchangeable cousins.
  13. His family is still less complicated than mine!

    Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

    WendyWings
    Kimmy & Jacob
    Kdubs
    Mar
    Whiskey
    Jane
    Petite Mommy
    Carrie
    Vancouver Calling

    CrazieQueen

    Shelli

    (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



    Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


    The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




      21 Comments:

      • At Thursday, January 19, 2006 7:02:00 am, Blogger WendyWings said…

        I live in a big old Victorian, there are no Georgians here we are not old enough as a country :)
        3 under 6 when you were not expecting any has to be a shock to anyones system :)

         
      • At Thursday, January 19, 2006 9:16:00 am, Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said…

        This was sooo very interesting, Mrs. A. I read you all the time but there were things I did not know, which I guess is a good reason to do the Thgursday Thirteen..I haven't been able to do it for two weeks now..BUT..Well, we'll see...

        Do stop by the Old Blog, my Plant Problem is finally resolved!

         
      • At Thursday, January 19, 2006 10:04:00 am, Blogger Kimmy said…

        How do you find the time to do it all? My goodness. I'm glad you were able to have kids...Doctors! what do they know? (just teasing) Now you know you can have kids...are you planning on more?

        Great job on your first 13.
        My 13 are up.
        http://kimmyandjacob.blogspot.com

         
      • At Thursday, January 19, 2006 12:05:00 pm, Blogger monica said…

        This was great! I know so much more about you :) Happy TT!! Mine are UP!

         
      • At Thursday, January 19, 2006 12:16:00 pm, Blogger mar said…

        Getting to know you better! :)
        My 13 are up!

         
      • At Thursday, January 19, 2006 1:12:00 pm, Blogger Vancouver Voyeur said…

        Hmmm, I'd never heard of this before, not that I'm all that informed about blogging to begin with, but alright. Give me a bit of time and I'll post my 13 on my blog as well. http://www.vancouvercalling.blogspot.com

         
      • At Thursday, January 19, 2006 1:16:00 pm, Blogger Uisce said…

        Great list! Welcome to the... club? :) My 13 are up!

         
      • At Thursday, January 19, 2006 5:07:00 pm, Blogger JBL said…

        Welcome to the TT club!!! I loved your list and it was great to get to know a little about you. It sounds like you live in a wonderful place. I have visited England once and got to see some of the country, but not as much as I would have liked. Maybe I can return some day.
        My 13 are up too! Hope you will stop by.

         
      • At Thursday, January 19, 2006 5:09:00 pm, Blogger JBL said…

        BTW, my blog site is:
        http://www.lathemlunacy.blogspot.com

         
      • At Thursday, January 19, 2006 5:39:00 pm, Blogger Carrie said…

        COOL links!!! I did it... my second Thursday 13... cute... you kids are probably a handful

         
      • At Thursday, January 19, 2006 6:46:00 pm, Blogger Petite Mom Blogger said…

        wow...you are one busy mommy...great list! I'm new to the TT too... my list is up!

         
      • At Thursday, January 19, 2006 10:50:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

        I didn't know about number 9!

        My TT is up....... :-)

        Also a warning about profile cloning...

        cq

         
      • At Thursday, January 19, 2006 11:03:00 pm, Blogger spindleshanks said…

        so what's new in childcare? i've gone back to see what i've missed and can't find anything except a reference to a childminding qualification - is this a new career move?

         
      • At Friday, January 20, 2006 2:07:00 am, Blogger Shelli said…

        How on earth do you have time to blog? My Lord, you are a busy mom. I hadn't realized and I have been reading your blog for awhile now.

        My 13

         
      • At Friday, January 20, 2006 2:13:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

        Wow, I could hardly get past #1. What a difference between being told you can't have any and then having three in six years!

        I can't have any myself, so we're in the midst of adopting. A little more paperwork, but we're less likely to get any surprises ;-)

        I'm amazed at all the things you do... It's hard enough for me just to drag my butt out of bed in the morning.

        - Pie

         
      • At Friday, January 20, 2006 7:33:00 am, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

        The child care thing - well it was costing me a fortune each month to put them in nursery 2 days a week, especially since idiot employers can't understand that I should work the SAME two days each week, so I still end up either taking them with me, or paying for extra days! So I thought I'd save the money, and work round my job as and when:-)

        The child-minding thing, yeah, I too the qualification a few years ago, so it's there as an option. But it needs to be the right child/family otherwise it could end up tying me down too much! So I'm scaring off potentials at the moment:-)

         
      • At Friday, January 20, 2006 3:14:00 pm, Blogger panthergirl said…

        Three kids under six and you've taken them OUT of formal daycare?? You're a bigger woman than, I... my kids were 10 years apart and they still drive me nuts, one at a time!

        Here via michele!

         
      • At Friday, January 20, 2006 6:35:00 pm, Blogger Aginoth said…

        Could swear I only had 4 brothers?

        Think you mean't eldest of 5 brothers dear :o)

         
      • At Friday, January 20, 2006 6:35:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

        Doh!

        Hah, how many step-siblings do you have though? And which gender are they?

         
      • At Saturday, January 21, 2006 10:42:00 am, Blogger mig bardsley said…

        The thursday thing sounds fun but I don't think I want the stress of having to blog on a regular day!
        But it was great to read all about you....You do manage to do a lot!

         
      • At Monday, January 23, 2006 6:40:00 pm, Blogger Astryngia said…

        Oh i remember Weston - we used to go for holidays when I was little via the steam train. Distinct memories of those 'sands' - flat, hard, wet...your feet sank in just ever so slightly and made impressions in between all the ?wormcasts. :-)

         

      Post a Comment

      Links to this post:

      Create a Link

      << Home